PDA

View Full Version : Life goes on.............Spring is near.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-28-2008, 09:30 AM
Well, that old sunshine is promise that we will have another Spring this year and soon we will all be fishing again.

Can't wait for the local fisheries to get going.

Got this in an email and thought it was good:

" Life is like a roll of toilet paper , the closer it gets to the end the faster it goes.."

What do you think Darian?

Darian
02-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Hey!!!! You sayin' I'm gettin' old :?: :?: I gotta admit, I no longer keep track of time in terms of days, weeks or months. It's seasons now. :shock: That roll of T-tissue spins so fast near the end that it's difficult to grab on to. :lol: :lol:

Aging is not for wimps.... :D :D :D

Jay Murakoshi
02-28-2008, 10:27 AM
Who keeps track of days and time. My schedule is based on sunrise and sunset. Spring time is when all the trees bloom, the lupin turn on there colors and the warm water species start doing there thing.

With that said, I've been hitting the local lakes daily. Some days are good some days are zilch. The water line is coming up pretty darn fast which floods a lot of good coves and cover. Now, I've been chasing the carp being that it's getting close to spawning time. Last week, I hooked 9 and landed 6. I actually got some good footage of them top water feeding in a cove. The fly of choice..... my dough ball fly. It's tied on a 2457 hook in size 6. I'm using 6 strands of white glow bug yarn. I'm also using the san juan worm in red. But instead of using vernille chenile, I"m using a red rubber band cut too length. It has a lot more action than the chenille.

Well, off to spend a day walking the shoreline. Suppose to be in the 70's again.

Jay

Matt Frey
02-28-2008, 01:03 PM
That red rubber band fly is deadly on trout too!

pgw
02-28-2008, 01:11 PM
My favorite carp fly is a 3/4" square of a beige kitchen sponge that's super glued to that same size 6 Tiemco 2457.

Paul

wjorg
02-29-2008, 06:21 PM
That red rubber band fly is deadly on trout too!

You mean the DW? Dirty Whore......sorry to be crass.