PDA

View Full Version : WTB: TFO 5wt 8'9" Finesse or comparable rod

rcap
02-24-2008, 10:04 PM
I'd love to get my hands on a lightly used Temple Fork Outfitters 5wt 8'9" Finesse rod. If anyone has one of these they'd want to sell, I'd be interested. Otherwise, if anybody has a comparable 5wt, 8.5' medium action rod they want to sell, let me know.
Thanks,
Robert

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-25-2008, 09:21 AM
I believe the Lefty Kreh 'Finesse' series at $179.95 are one of the best values in light action fly rods.

They run in many sizes from 2 to 5 weight in 4 piece only.

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/finesse.html

We have nice little Ross 'Flystart' reels for $39.00 that would go nicely on one of these little delicate 'sticks'.

http://www.rossworldwideoutdoors.com/products/reels/flystart/

If any message board members want to buy one I can give them a high quality floating line to go with it.

I am usually at the shop noon to 6:00pm Monday through Friday.

With these affordable high quality products available in fly shops there is no reason to go to Wal-mart or Cabelas.

rcap
02-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Yep, the Finesse are very sweet little rods. I have one in the 3wt size and I choose it more often for small stream fishing than my much more expensive Sage 3wt. I agree that it's a tremendous value new. I'm just hoping I can find one used, because I don't have a lot of money to spend on another new fly rod, after the last two :) .

Mike O
02-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Bill,

Would like to take you up on your offer of the Flystart and line for a rod that I had made for my son's birthday next monday....won't be able to come in until this weekend, however. Can I get the same deal? I have been looking all over for a decent reel in that price range.

Mike Owens
Woodland

OceanSunfish
02-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Yep, the Finesse are very sweet little rods. I have one in the 3wt size and I choose it more often for small stream fishing than my much more expensive Sage 3wt. I agree that it's a tremendous value new. I'm just hoping I can find one used, because I don't have a lot of money to spend on another new fly rod, after the last two :) .

I'm curious if you have the 8'-9" version or the shorter rod. I'd like to know if the 8"-9" Finesse model is comparable to the venerable 389 LL

Thanks.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2008, 09:01 AM
"maodiver"

On the weekend just tell Andy I said you could have a free demo line for your son's new rod if you buy a fly reel.

rcap
02-27-2008, 10:08 AM

I'm curious if you have the 8'-9" version or the shorter rod. I'd like to know if the 8"-9" Finesse model is comparable to the venerable 389 LL

Thanks.

My Finesse 3wt is the 7'9" version. My Sage is the 8'9" SLT. Both are excellent rods, but I like the slower action of the Finesse a little better for much of the time

Mike O
02-28-2008, 03:54 PM
just wanted to say thanks!! I found a way to get in before the weekend, and picked up the little flystart. nice reel for the $$, with line and backing spooled on for me!! I was also treated really well, even though I was buying a cheepee, and getting a freebee.

WELL DONE!! =D>

Mike Owens
Woodland, CA

maodiver