PDA

View Full Version : My hat soon to be in the ring

OregonSalmon
02-24-2008, 05:44 AM
Well boys, we all feel a need to serve our country. Some pick up gun, some join the Peace Corps, others donate blood. Since I don't know how to use a gun or take orders, won't get on a plane for any reason and am deathly afraid of needles I've decide how I can help out this great nation: I'm running for Congress in the 5'th district of Oregon. I gotta play to my strenght: an unding line of bs. Hell I grew up in Kiene's Fly Shop so I don't just have a B.S. in bs, nor a masters, I have a freakin' PHD taught to me from the king!!!

Of course I have no chance at winning but I think I'll get some laughs. This is going to be fun. I'm going to mix knowledge of the issues with lunacy. Why would I do such a silly thing you are asking. When I can drink a case of beer and still be able to point out lies off the top of my hops laden brain while watching C-Span something needs to be done. Much like Howard Beale, I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!!! The other side of the aisle will find out what a strong left hook is all about.

Plus I will be seriously putting access rights on the table. Damn this issue has pissed me off since I was 16. I have to scratch that itch.

I'm thinking of campaign themes. Since it is the 5'th district and I will be running as a drunken fly tying Irishman (full disclosre....I only lie, cheat and steal from my mother) I'm thinking "I'm Galen Geller and I'm taking a shot at the fifth". "I intend to lose" did not work for me when I ran for County Commisioner. Think I'll go with the great Shirly Chisom line: "unbought and unbossed". Believe that shoe will fit.

Their are some steelhead traveling through the 5'th so I'm back to tying flies. Water is cold but they still will grab. Those critters are crazier than I.

-"Ya grab em' by the balls and their hearts and minds will follow"- Galen Geller Sr though I think someone else said it first....but he could do it in Latin.

David Lee
02-24-2008, 09:01 AM
G.G. -

You got my vote . Perhaps you could run on the 'Clam in every pot' promise ???

Bill and I were wondering the other day ...... what would it take to get you down here for the expo in late April ?? Maybe you could stay for the Bass fishout first week of May ??? Let me know .....

David :D

Darian
02-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Hey Galen,.... Vote early and often is my motto. I'll be droppin' in. (when didja say the election was :?: :?: ) Getting elected to public office brings new meaning to the saying, "I'll take the fifth." :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, I have an idea for a great project and need some "access".... :ninja: :ninja:

thedryflyguy
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I don't even know you, but I'd vote for you in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, I live on the eastern side of the coast range and can't vote in your district. I've read your posts and have come to the conclusion that you need to post more often, as I am often rolling on the floor laughing after reading them.

A friend and I fished on the coast this past weekend and we were surprised to see so much snow left coming over the pass on 6. Driving home we were complaining that we needed some more rain to bring the rivers up a bit.

One day maybe we'll run into you on the river. From your description of yourself, will we smell you before we actually see you?

JD

OregonSalmon
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
David,
The only way I'm crossing the southern border is in Hannibal Lector gear. I would like to fish the Pit one more time just to remember all the pain it inflicted on my frame in my youth.

Darian,
What is this project? I'm intrigued. My criminal instinct is acute, a useless character flaw since I had the cops called me on feeding two of the dumbest crows ever. I suck at crime but I always have a devious plan lurking in my dark heart.

DryFlyGuy,
We had a record snowpack but the weather is warming and as you know it is raining today. Might get out in the next two weeks on the Nehalem or the Trask. My buddy Zig is a guide (best in the Northwest) so we'll have the boy out there for reports. You'll spot me immediatly: I'll be on the bank with a beer in my hand doing ALL the talking. My poor feeshin' pals.

Uh oh....Republicans have taken over my town. An annual conference in Seaside. I'm just planning which bars don't I mind be 86 out of. Might need bail money. my goal is to make one cry. I want to see tears. I'll have liquid on my face due to a tossed drink. I promise to be night.

Darian
02-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Galen, Galen, Galen.... I'm disappointed that you didn't realize that "access" was the object and the project just a means for us to engage in the making of excess largess thru the political process. :evil: :evil: :evil: SOooo, you need to open your mind to atypical (non-ethical) thinking. You're not to far from that now. 8) First, we need to get you elected. Then.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

gryhackl
03-01-2008, 10:36 AM
It's a scarey thought, but true, public office would seem to be below even your dignity!