PDA

View Full Version : Fun with toys !!

David Lee
02-20-2008, 10:51 PM
I wandered into the shop today ......

Thought I'd rent a few DVD's/Video tapes to learn a new fly or two (no , I don't know how to tye EVERYTHING :twisted: ) . Wound up chatterin' w/ Bill Kiene for several hours - we spend a lot of time doing the 'wiggle-test' on new flyrods .

I'm sure lots of people do this often , but I almost never do .

Several neat things - the Sage Smallmouth rod (the Largemouth rod is popular , but it would seem that the Smallmouth is kind of overlooked)and the TFO TiCrX 7 1/2 foot 6 wt. . While we didn't line and cast them , we goofed w/ deflection tests and tip-loading ..... nice , FUN sticks that have 'real-world' fishing situations covered . We took a peek at the new Orvis rods (pretty cool) and a bunch of VERY inexpensive rods by several different makers .

So - what's the point of this post ??

Nothing . No point at all , really ...... I just thought it was neat that we have so many different choices in gear nowadays . Not only a mess of rods that run the length/weight spectrum , but a rod for just about ANY price point and budget out there . Same thing with reels ......

Thanks for the chat , Bill - I had fun playing with the new stuff !

David :)

Rick J
02-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I never thought that a switch rod would interest me but then 6 years ago I said I would never use a 2-hander :shock: Well, after going to BC and being about the only one I saw using a single hander I picked up a 2-hander and have been hooked ever since.

This past weekend up in Oregon I picked up a switch rod for the first time and RATS!!!! Another toy or 2 I may need. I think a light switch would be just killer on the Klamath so maybe before this fall I will need to add to my arsenal.