PDA

View Full Version : Largemouth fly swap

Scott V
02-20-2008, 10:02 AM
Since the largemouth are starting to stir, I thought it would be cool to do a largemouth swap. Here are the dates and info.

I will limit this to 15 people counting myself, so everyone will need to tie 15 flies, if there is more interest than 15 people I will allow more, but will also extend the deadline to compensate. If you want in, please post your name and your fly type and/or fly name or just state TBD "To Be Determined". Flies will need to be to me by April 15th. I will post an address to mail them to on March 2nd. When you send in your flies include return postage. No clousers, as much as I love clousers, lets tie something different.

1. Scott V - Kermie frog
2. Mike N - Articulated popper - Flies received
3. Gene Goss - Craft fur perch - Flies received
4. Ed Wahl - Hairy fodder - Flies received
5. Guppy - Orange & Green bucktail streamer - Flies received
6. David Lee - Mel's Bunny Leech - Flies received
7. Slage - Fire worm - Flies received
8. Matt Frey - Andy Burk's Dragonbugger - Flies received
9. Bob Scheidt - Craw bugger - Flies received
10. Mike Borba - Shakey Head Worm - Flies received
11. Hairstacker - Tap's Bug - Flies received
12. Fishngy - Purple Lithuanian Bat - Flies received

Closed, no more entries!!!!!

When you have finished tying your flies, put a label on them with your user name and the flies name. Then mail them to me at:

Ottolini & Associates
Attn: Scott Vaughn
3035 Prospect Park
Suite 190
Rancho Cordova, CA

Include either return postage or say you would like to pick them up at Kiene's expo on April 19th.

mike N
02-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I'm in.

I think I'll do an articulated popper of some sort.

MN

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/mikenovotny/DSCN5308.jpg

gene goss
02-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I would like to join the Largemouth fly swap, I will tie a craft fur-perch pattem. http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w300/eugene047/fliesbluegill2-20-08004.jpg

Ed Wahl
02-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I'll step in for this one. The Hairy Fodder. Craig Reindeau in Georgia thought this one up. Haven't tied any yet, but here's a pic I "borrowed" from another site.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/fodder02.jpg

Garrett S
02-21-2008, 07:24 AM
i will be tying a orange and green bucktail streamer. very simple :)

David Lee
02-21-2008, 09:28 AM
What the heck .... count me in .

I'll be doing the classic Mel's Bunny Leech . Leeches are pretty neat ( http://www.worsleyschool.net/science/files/leeches/leeches.html )

Don't forget to read the 17 fun Leech facts :evil:

David :D

slage
02-21-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm game, count me in as well.
Not 100% certain on what I'll tye yet, but will update when a decision is made

Hairstacker
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
Is there a deadline for signing up for this swap? :D

Scott V
02-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Is there a deadline for signing up for this swap? :D

Yes the deadline for sign up is March 7th. And I hope you sign up, I know you have a fly or two in your bag that is a killer on the delta largemouth.

Hairstacker
02-21-2008, 02:26 PM
Thanks Scott! :)

Matt Frey
02-21-2008, 03:39 PM
OK. I am in too. I am going to tie Andy Burk's Dragonbugger.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/mattpfrey/IMGP0463.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i94/mattpfrey/IMGP0464.jpg

David Lee
02-23-2008, 08:53 AM
I can't believe that this swap hasn't filled yet !!

David :eek:

Adam Grace
02-23-2008, 09:16 AM
I was thinking about joining but that would mean that I would have to tie 15 of the same pattern and I do not wan to tie so many flies, nor do I really have the time right now to do that. sorry.

David Lee
02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
I was thinking about joining but that would mean that I would have to tie 15 of the same pattern and I do not wan to tie so many flies, nor do I really have the time right now to do that. sorry.

Lazybones :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would have loved to get my hands on one of your foam Frog-thingies , Adam .

David :)

slage
02-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Hey Scott,
I am going to do a FIRE WORM for the swap.

By the way, thanks for hosting...

Scott V
02-23-2008, 05:19 PM

Don't tease us by posting you are not going to join. Come on Adam, this is my first fly swap, hook me up with a frog. I won't ask you to do it again for another year. :D

Ed Wahl
02-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Stopped by the shop today to pick up some materials for the Hairy Fodder. Couldn't find the smaller rattles called for in Craig's recipe so I went ahead and bought a package of the one's Bill carries. Just tied one up. Doesn't really look like much dry, but when I tied it on a leader and put it in the sink....holy crap,...... :shock: :shock:. I think I'm gonna like this pattern. Not having tied much with rabbit fur I wasn't prepared for what it does in the water. I don't think I would have been much more surprised if it had sprouted wings and flown around the kitchen. Ed

Garrett S
02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
here is a picture of my fly super simple
http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/247/011bd0.jpg

mike borba
02-24-2008, 06:42 AM
I'll take a day or two to think qabout what to tie. Perhaps a clouse floating minnow, or a crease fly.

Scott V
02-24-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll take a day or two to think qabout what to tie. Perhaps a clouse floating minnow, or a crease fly.

I have yet to fish a crease fly. That would make a fine addition, just a thought.

Nice looking streamer Guppy.

Bob Scheidt
02-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm in. My fly will be a craw bugger. This is my first fly swap ever.

Thanks, sounds great. Perhaps we could pick up the flies we will receive on Kiene's expo day, April 19th?? They might not all be received by then.

Bob

Scott V
02-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Perhaps we could pick up the flies we will receive on Kiene's expo day, April 19th?? They might not all be received by then.
Bob

Great idea Bob, once I have everyones flies, I will post to see who wants to get their flies at Kiene's expo. I know I will be there for sure.

Hairstacker
02-24-2008, 01:45 PM
Ok, I'm game, please count me in. I haven't settled on a fly yet but I promise it will be a proven fly for Delta largemouth bass. :D Thank you for hosting Scott!

fishngy
02-24-2008, 10:26 PM
I am thinking what would I like to tie 15 times and I am going to sleep on it! I am thinking something purple. I will let you know tomorrow Scott. later, Bill

Scott V
02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
Ok, I'm game, please count me in. I haven't settled on a fly yet but I promise it will be a proven fly for Delta largemouth bass. :D Thank you for hosting Scott!

Yeah, thanks Mike. Even though you are in a kayak, your an ok kind of guy. :lol:

Adam Grace
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Sorry guys, no bass fly tying for me right now, have fun!

Scott V
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Sorry guys, no bass fly tying for me right now, have fun!

Your a trout guy anyways Adam, do you even know what a bass is or what eat eats. :D Besides you still owe me a day of fishing.

slage
02-25-2008, 06:53 PM
This is getting to be fun !!
Ed, I love those Fodders. I think one could fish for any species with those guys. I have a bunch of steelhead flies I fish all the time that look identical. The color possibilities are endless.
HS-thank you for joining!!! I think I speak for everyone when I say please tie up some beautiful stacks. If you have any "mistakes" that don't make the cut, please feel free to ship my way. :D Serious....
This is shaping up nicely. A lot of quality bugs will come from this swap.

Scott V, I hope you plan on showing off the quarry with some nice pix once all is said and done? Let me know if no, I would gladly post.

Scott V
02-25-2008, 08:02 PM
I will be posting pics of the flies for sure, that way Adam gets real jealous and regrets not tying with us.

Ed Wahl
02-25-2008, 08:47 PM
This is my first time doing one of these swaps. So far so good.

Garrett S
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
my fly is basically a clouser minnow. before i go to kienes to get my materials. is there any specific hook size you want my fly to be :) :D

fishngy
02-25-2008, 10:02 PM
It came to me in a great dream!! I have never fished the fly, but is called Purple Lithuanian Bat. Found the fly on Fly Fish Ohio website and have tied a few. Bill

Ed Wahl
02-25-2008, 10:46 PM
:lol: Hah! A couple of beers and your seeing flies in Lithium Batteries. That reminds me, I've got to tie up some Duracel Decievers. Everready Eggs? Die Hard Divers? :lol: Sorry Bill, just couldn't keep it in.

Sure has a cool name, what's it look like? Ed

Adam Grace
02-25-2008, 11:58 PM
:lol: Ed, you're crackin me up :lol: Very creative :lol:

fishngy
02-26-2008, 11:55 AM
I will have to figure out how to post a picture. Ya gotta luv the name!!! Thanks for the input Ed! later, Bill

fishngy
02-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Here is a group of flesh made Lithuanian bats ready for the swap! Only 9 more to go. Bill
IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0795.jpg[/IMG]

It is getting late and I am tired. I'll figure out how to get the pictures on here tomorow. Bill

Garrett S
02-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Here is a group of flesh made Lithuanian bats ready for the swap! Only 9 more to go. Bill
IMG]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0795.jpg[/IMG]

It is getting late and I am tired. I'll figure out how to get the pictures on here tomorow. Bill

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0795.jpg
there you go

fishngy
02-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the help Guppy!!! You must be younger than me and have the computer skills I am still working on! Have a great day! Bill

Scott V
02-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Thanks for the help Guppy!!! You must be younger than me and have the computer skills I am still working on! Have a great day! Bill

Bill I am younger than you and I am old. :D By the way I love the look of those flies, purple is an awesome color for the delta. When I throw jigs with conventional gear, I always have a purple/black jig on.

fishngy
02-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Is it not about the actual age, but how you feel each day? Sign me up for being 23 and not the real one, twice that fake one! Just remember, I can't play video games or load an ipod with music or post pictures. I can tie pretty purple flies! Guppy, thanks again and I hope to meet you some time in the near future. Looking forward to seeing your flies and the other ones. Bill

mike borba
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I will by tying a fly version of the shakey head worm. It has a rabbit strip body with a small foam strip to float the tail of the fly, and Clouser eyes to keep the head down. Mike

Hairstacker
02-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Bill (AKA fishngy), those are some killer-looking bugs!! They have bass written all over 'em. \:D/

Scott (AKA slage), I appreciate the very welcoming comments, thank you! Well, I've agonized somewhat as to whether to tie up some deer hair bugs for this swap, as I don't have a lot of free time these days and it takes me forever to do a bunch I'd be satisfied enough with to give away. Nevertheless, I'll give a go at some red/white deer hair Tap's Bugs and see how I do on time as we approach April. The red/white Tap's Bug remains an all-time favorite of mine, and I've had it work for me when nothing else worked, including deer hair divers. I've also had some of my most exciting fishing with these flies, especially when retrieved really fast and the fish fall all over themselves trying to get it -- I've had individual bass hit it multiple times on a single fast retrieve. This is also the fly which I once cast it out there and just let it sit and had a bass leave the water about a foot away from the fly, go straight up in the air, do a complete dolphin arch at the top of its leap, then come straight down, head-first like an Olympic diver right on top of the fly. (My coolest bass moment ever. :D )

If I don't think I can make it with the Tap's Bugs, I'll switch over to a killer streamer fly -- the one I used in the report I posted on 12/12. That's the plan, anyway. :unibrow:

Ed Wahl
03-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Windy, stuck at home. Good time to knock out my Hairy Fodders for the swap. Got tired of the same fly over and over again.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/IM001648.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/IM001645.jpg

A different flavor
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/IM001647.jpg

David Lee
03-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Disgustingly neat bench , you should be ashamed .

David :evil:

Hairstacker
03-02-2008, 04:02 PM
GREAT looking flies Ed! 8) 8) 8)

Scott V
03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
I am seeing some great flies. Thank you to everyone that has joined up.

When you have finished tying your flies, put a label on them with your user name and the flies name. Then mail them to me at:

Ottolini & Associates
Attn: Scott Vaughn
3035 Prospect Park
Suite 190
Rancho Cordova, CA

Include either return postage or say you would like to pick them up at Kiene's expo on April 19th.

mike borba
03-03-2008, 11:20 PM
My flies are done and ready to send. We don't have 15 tyers signed up. Should I send 12 or what? Mike

Scott V
03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
My flies are done and ready to send. We don't have 15 tyers signed up. Should I send 12 or what? Mike

Wait until the 7th. I will close the swap and then send me the needed amount.

Hairstacker
03-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Man, flies done already? I seem to be getting off to a slower start than some. . . . I set all my Tap's Bug deer hair on the dining room table with the intention of tying in the morning. This is what I woke up to:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/Remnants.jpg

As it turns out my wife's dog, who somehow missed out on about 10 million years of evolutionary brain development, decided to have a field day. Actually surprised that's all I could find left of an entire northern white bucktail, two patches of white deer belly fur, and a patch of red deer body fur.

](*,)

I thought of dyeing half of him red and using his fur as a substitute but his fur doesn't spin or stack worth a darn.

](*,)

Adam Grace
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Aww Mike that sucks, sorry to hear about your loss :cry:

I had my parents dog eat one of my partridge skins, needless to say that was a costly dog meal. At least bucktails are relatively cheap, hopefully they weren't special tails.

Scott V
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Hey Mike, good thing there is another month plus some to go.

Hairstacker
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I've since replaced all the hair I need so no big deal. Actually, I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. :lol:

Scott V
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
I've since replaced all the hair I need so no big deal. Actually, I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. :lol:

Personally I thought it was darn funny and ironic, my guess is your the kid that always said "but teacher, my dog ate my homework, really" :lol:

Ed Wahl
03-05-2008, 06:34 PM
It is funny Mike, I can relate. I once found a mess of very good dry fly grizzly feathers in much the same condition as your deer hair. Ed

mike N
03-07-2008, 12:20 AM
So, I have been trying to get motivated to start tying the swap bugs and here is the prototype I came up with. 4" long

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/mikenovotny/DSCN6025.jpg

I will modify it a little, but it should be a unique attractor in the swappers' boxes.

Enjoy,

MN

Adam Grace
03-07-2008, 12:48 AM
Great idea Mike, I am VERY excited about that articulated topwater baitfish fly. That should work well!

Scott V
03-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Articulated fly, very nice Mike, me likey like.

Scott V
03-07-2008, 02:10 PM
Last day for any new tiers to sign up, I will be closing the swap at midnight tonight. this way those of us spinning hair have plenty of time to finish.

slage
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
Nice bug Mike!!

Man that is sweet. The only downside to swaps is NOT wanting to fish the flies.
Are we settled on 12?

Scott V
03-08-2008, 09:10 PM
12 is the magic number, we are closed.

gene goss
03-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I would like the people that recived my (craft-fur pearch) to Qritique my fly and let me know how to improve it, and let me know if you lost it in a tree, or if it caught a fish. You could post a message here, or send me a email (eugenesusan@aol.com). THANK YOU Scott for taking the time to put this together.

mike N
03-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I will on presentation only, I have never fished a swap fly. I always hope that people will fish my flies though. :-)

MN

PS Here are my works in progress. Almost there, but I am out of eyes and almost out of white bass hair. Its been a while since I've been in the shop. :-)

MN again

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p77/mikenovotny/DSCN6031.jpg

Scott V
03-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh I promise you Mike, I will throw the heck out of your fly, my Sage largemouth rod will fling that bad boy, it will be fish food :twisted:

mike N
03-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I fished several of the all hair poppers at kelsey last year. Nothing special. My bass woirk kicked butt though. I think this pattern could be something though.

Since you are organizing this event, I will send an extra "blem" your way.

MN

mike N
03-09-2008, 09:37 PM
PS Scott,

I dont think the hooks on my bugs are big enough for the fish you catch!

MN

Garrett S
03-10-2008, 04:23 PM
I fished several of the all hair poppers at kelsey last year. Nothing special. My bass woirk kicked butt though. I think this pattern could be something though.

Since you are organizing this event, I will send an extra "blem" your way.

MN

Oh so you dont give your own nephew an extra "blem" :D j/k
:)

mike N
03-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Garrett,

You know I care too much about you to give you second rate flies! Nothing but the finest for family, I'll give you one at Easter. If you show up, that is. :-)

Uncle MN

Garrett S
03-10-2008, 09:10 PM
Garrett,

You know I care too much about you to give you second rate flies! Nothing but the finest for family, I'll give you one at Easter. If you show up, that is. :-)

Uncle MN

yeah who needs easter eggs i can have a nice deer hair bass bug :D

Scott V
03-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Mike Borba,
That extra foam on the tail is a great idea.

Gene,
your flies are really nice looking nad they are so soft, I can not wait to throw those.

I am seeing some really nice flies. It is going to be hard to throw these flies, I personally plan to catch at least one fish on each fly, then retire them to a special collection, with a picture of each fish with the fly in it's mouth.

Ed Wahl
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Not me, I intend to ride em hard and put 'em away wet. Dry 'em out and do it all over again. I don't believe in keeping things such as flies, rods, or shotguns on a pedestal, never to be used for their intended purposes. The only dignified end for outdoor gear lovingly crafted is in the pursuit of the intended game. To do otherwise in my opinion would be insulting to the craftsman that had created it. I'll do my best to let each of you know how your flies did, although if I lose it on a snag or up in a tree I'll just keep that to myself. :oops: Hey, _ _ it happens. Ed

gene goss
03-26-2008, 07:05 AM
I hate to be a whinner, BUT the bass fishing is in full swing right now, and i sure would like to try some of those flies out. 8)

Scott V
03-26-2008, 07:29 AM
I hate to be a whinner, BUT the bass fishing is in full swing right now, and i sure would like to try some of those flies out. 8)

Stop whining Gene and go get more of those 20+" trout. :lol: You should have your flies by mid April, the dead line is April the 15th. Do you have any good bass reports to share?

gene goss
03-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Sorry Scot i had a senior moment, the date is in the first posting. Without catching the bass off the nests, those bass that you see can be hard to catch this time of the year. I do better after the bass have spawned and settle down. 8)

Scott V
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
Just got some sweet looking craw buggers in the mail today, thanks Bob. I can not wait to fish these flies, there are some nice ones. Only hard part is going to be parting with all these flies, I could move and have enough stock to last a while. :D

Scott V
04-01-2008, 07:39 AM
Nice bunnies Dave, the quality is second to none.

David Lee
04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Thanks !!

At least .... I THINK that the fly is called Mel's Bunny - I cannot find any reference ......... I'll post a photo/recipe later today .

You up for tying tomorrow (Wednesday) ?? Gilbert is coming over .....

David :)

Scott V
04-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Just got a box of purple bat flies that look incredible. I can not wait to fish with these flies, purple is a great color for the delta and should work just as good in any body of water. Once I have all the flies I will post a pic with the names of the flies under them and who made them.

Once again thanks to everyone that joined this swap, you are making my first swap a very successful one.

Hairstacker
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Scott, just a quick update -- I mailed the flies about 15 minutes ago and the postal clerk assured me you should receive them within 2 days or so. So you should easily get them before the 4/15/08 deadline. :D

By the way, I felt like I was out of time and got paranoid about the deadline, so I actually pulled 4 of them from my fly box. . . . unfished, of course. :lol:

Scott V
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
your good to go Dave, and thanks for dipping into your own private stash, I now know they will be good if you will use them.

David Lee
04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
your good to go Dave, and thanks for dipping into your own private stash, I now know they will be good if you will use them.

These were all tyed for the swap Scott .

Hook - Gamakatsu B-10 , size 2

Bead - Purple glass (sub. Black metal)

Thread - Black , 3/0

Weedguard - 20 LB. Mason

Tail support/Flash - Black Holo Flashabou

Tail - Black Zonker-cut Rabbit

Body - Black Cross-cut Rabbit

How to fish ......

A dry line works best (if the wind comes up , use an I line) . Long leader (10-12 feet) w/ an 8-12 LB. tippet . Hold the Leech underwater and knead w/ your fingers to saturate the rabbit .... get all of the air out - throw to shoreline cover , let sink . Strip w/ SLOW strips( usually just a few inches .... two to three in cadence) . Strikes will almost always be just a 'heavy' feeling , like you have some weeds on the fly - STRIKE HARD !

A Leech will always catch fish - hot water , cold water , weedy water .... it doesn't matter . Just remember to fish it slow .......

Scott V
04-10-2008, 10:03 AM

These were all tyed for the swap Scott .

Hook - Gamakatsu B-10 , size 2

Bead - Purple glass (sub. Black metal)

Thread - Black , 3/0

Weedguard - 20 LB. Mason

Tail support/Flash - Black Holo Flashabou

Tail - Black Zonker-cut Rabbit

Body - Black Cross-cut Rabbit

How to fish ......

A dry line works best (if the wind comes up , use an I line) . Long leader (10-12 feet) w/ an 8-12 LB. tippet . Hold the Leech underwater and knead w/ your fingers to saturate the rabbit .... get all of the air out - throw to shoreline cover , let sink . Strip w/ SLOW strips( usually just a few inches .... two to three in cadence) . Strikes will almost always be just a 'heavy' feeling , like you have some weeds on the fly - STRIKE HARD !

A Leech will always catch fish - hot water , cold water , weedy water .... it doesn't matter . Just remember to fish it slow .......

I meant Mike, not Dave. Sorry about the confusion I was in a rush yesterday. And sorry for calling you Dave, Mike.

David Lee
04-10-2008, 10:47 AM
No biggie , Scott .....

Truth be told , I can't remember my OWN name half the time !

Scott V
04-10-2008, 10:53 AM
No biggie , Scott .....

Truth be told , I can't remember my OWN name half the time !

As long as you can remember how to tie, that is all that counts. :lol:

Hairstacker
04-10-2008, 11:09 AM
I was enjoying my new name but . . . I guess it's over. :lol:

Scott V
04-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Only flies left are mine which will be finished this Saturday and Guppies. How your flies coming along Guppy?

I just got Dave's, I mean Mike's bugs and as I had assumed, they are simply marvelious. Everyone is going to have a nice new set of flies to throw.

David Lee
04-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I was enjoying my new name but . . . I guess it's over. :lol:

Thank God - your reputation would have gone down the tubes ...... :evil:

David :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S. - whenever you have a chance to come up , Spring Bass are ON :idea:

P.P.S. - I showed your Tap's off at a tying clinic a few days ago- everyone thought it was the Cats meow :thumbsup: !!!!

Scott V
04-11-2008, 02:19 PM
I have received everyones flies, thank you all for being punctual. I will be shipping the flies out on Monday. By Sunday I will post a list of who is having theirs mailed and who is picking theirs up at the expo. Also next week I will post a pic of all the flies with the name of the creators under so you can all see who tied what.

Once again I would like to say thank you to everyone that made this, my first swap hosting, a successful one. They are all great looking flies and I plan on catching alot of fish with them.

mike N
04-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Scott,

Can I pick my set up at your office? I don't know if I will be at the expo and I know I didn't include return postage.

MN

Garrett S
04-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Scott,

Can I pick my set up at your office? I don't know if I will be at the expo and I know I didn't include return postage.

MN

i can pick yours up AT THE EXPO MIKE

Scott V
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Scott,

MN

Let me know when you can come by and I will make sure I have them here at work. I plan on putting the boxes together tomorrow night and should have them in the mail by Wednesday. As stated before I will post a list of the names I will be bringing boxes to the expo for.

fishngy
04-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I am feeling like a kid in the candy store! Going to run to the mailbox everyday this week look for the package of flies!!! Thanks for putting this on Scott! later, Bill

Scott V
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Don't get too excited Bill, they aren't in the mail yet, but they will be in the mail tomorrow for sure. I will post tomorrow who's is in the mail and who's I will have at the expo.

mike N
04-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Scott,

Can I pick up my set from your office on Friday?

MN

Scott V
04-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Scott,

Can I pick up my set from your office on Friday?

MN

Sure thing, I will be here.

mike N
04-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I will call first.

MN

Scott V
04-16-2008, 08:39 PM
No need to call Mike, just stop on by. I'll be there from 7 til 4.

I have packaged all the boxes tonight, and will be taking 4 to the post office, and they are....Gene, Mike B, Bill, and Mike S. They will be in the mail tomorrow. As for the rest of you, I will see you at the expo. I'll be there in the afternoon. As for mine, I plan to have them all eaten by bass tomorrow, I will take pics of the fish with the flies. I think Mike's tap bug is going down first thing tomorrow morning. :lol:

fishngy
04-16-2008, 09:12 PM
So, I get to run to the mailbox starting tomorrow. Hope I don't wear out the dog walking her to the mailbox. Oh, forget the dog, hope I am not worn out checking the mail. Going to toss these flies this weekend! Bill

Matt Frey
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Scott
Can you mail me mine too? I thought I included an envelope with some postage. Let me know.
Thanks,
Matt

Hairstacker
04-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I think Mike's tap bug is going down first thing tomorrow morning.

Good luck! Remember to grease all of the fly with floatant except the tail. And I hope you nail a bunch of these :D :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Sachlil/SpringPlans.jpg

Scott V
04-17-2008, 06:36 PM
I didn't need luck today, as predicted the Tap bug got tapped. It took about 10 minutes til I got hit, but that fly got worked. I'll post a picture later. Great job Hairstacker.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0163.jpg

Scott V
04-17-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey Scott
Can you mail me mine too? I thought I included an envelope with some postage. Let me know.
Thanks,
Matt

You did, my bad, it will be in the mail tomorrow.

Hairstacker
04-18-2008, 01:25 PM
\:D/ I got my swap flies in the mail today!! \:D/

I just want to thank ALL you fellas for tying up such a premo selection of GREAT flies! And Scott, I especially want to thank you very much for proposing and and volunteering to host this swap -- very much appreciated! =D> It would have never occurred if you hadn't made it happen -- Cheers!

You guys are going to love these things. :D

mike borba
04-18-2008, 08:15 PM
Got my flies in the mail today. They all look great. i'll be using them in my local lake within the week. Also I'm going to Kelsey Ranch in May. These flies are going to get plenty of use.

fishngy
04-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Yipeeeeeee!! Jackpot in the mailbox!!! Wow, My wife is even impressed by the flies. Going to get them in the water tomorrow. Thanks, Scott

Ed Wahl
04-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey Bill, you going to show up at the Expo? Ed

fishngy
04-18-2008, 10:27 PM
I plan to stop by in the morning and go on a club fishout to Greenstone. Hope to see many friendly faces in the morning. Bill

Ed Wahl
04-18-2008, 10:45 PM
Hitting a river clean up in the morning. I'll see you and your boat somewhere on the water. Ed

David Lee
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Nice bugs , fellas ......

ScottV , Thanks for hosting !!

slage
04-21-2008, 07:52 AM
Good looking box!

Thanks to all.
Scott V and I heard first-hand the approval they gained of Mr. Hanley. :)
Now, whose gonna show me how to stack??

Any luck with them this weekend?

Scott V
04-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Thanks to everyone for making my first swap hosting a successful one. I hope to have pictures up tomorrow with the person's name that tied them. And any pics of the flies in the mouth of fish would be cool.