PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco

fishngy
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
I was not going to post, since I have a major skunk going! Met Scott V and Ed Wahl on the lake today. Had a great time fishing out of my new boat. Scott and Ed nailed the school of planters that we found. The high light of the drive home was being pulled over by the CHP. I do not have the correct connection for my safety chains on my trailer???? They need to hook and close, so they can't come off my truck hitch. I think the CHP officer just wanted to check out the new boat! Thats my story and I am sticking to it... Scott and Ed, lets get together again and do some bass fishing or chase dumb trout!! Enjoyed the day!!!! Take care... Bill

Scott V
02-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Bill it was a pleasure to meet you, I am very sorry you did not get any fish. Next time hopefully you will get them.

So what made the CHP officer pull you over in the first place, you did not seem like the type that drove erratically.

fishngy
02-19-2008, 09:15 AM
I was just cruising along in the right hand lanes near the truck stops on I80 at about 65 mph. He was in the far left lane and came over and checked out my trailer and boat. He pulled up beside me on the right side and then behind me with the lights going?? I have s shaped hooks on the safety chain. He told me that they need to lock close. I guess there is a rubber piece I can put on them to keep them in place? I was just little surprised by the stop!!!

Ed Wahl
02-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Bill, did he cite you? Right by the scales they are much more aware of trailers than anywhere else. Ed

Scott V
02-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah they, "the CHP" don't like trailers going over 55 on the freeway.

On a side note about Seco, I saw a few lmb's crusing around. Looks like they are starting to move around, the ones I saw were a good 3 lb'er and the other one looked well over 5 lb's. Both of them swam within 7 feet of me. So bass time is coming. :D :D :D

Ed Wahl
02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
I spotted a couple bass back in that cove where the long range spin casters were bombing the water. Bass times coming.

Went back out today before the rain. The tight pods have broken up, no fish-barrel casting today. Managed 4 gummy trout in about 5 hrs. Trout on top when I left, don't know what they were feeding on but it didn't seem to be wooly buggers.

Scott V
02-20-2008, 09:46 AM
When we were there on Monday I saw a good number of trout break the surface, but I could not see what they were feeding on. The only thing I ever saw on top of the water is the dead bee's, so I am working on something to match that. I am trying to get it to be as realistic as I can tie.

Matt Frey
02-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Hey Scott
If you got the time to take some photos I'd like to see that pattern you come up with.
Matt