PDA

View Full Version : What a day!

Don Powell
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
Marilyn and I traveled to Sacramento today to "field test" my brand new Meiser S2H126 6/7/8 MKS.

We were greeted warmly by Chuck and Bill at Kiene's where I added four more "can't live without" heads and lines and saw Jason H. for an up to date report on coastal rivers. Spey is definitely spoken at Kiene's!

The Watt Ave "Irregulars" joined Larry, Ron and Jeff (who was teaching two groups from as far away as Wyoming!)

The "Bobster" has done it again...as I cast my latest acquisition, I couldn't help but think how lucky I am to be part of a vibrant community that enables me to live to enjoy all that Nature and those who likewise, enjoy and assist in acquiring technology to enjoy her, that exists here in northern California!

I am truly grateful!!!

Don

Jasonh
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Don, it was great to see you and Marilyn at the shop today. That new Meiser sounds like it's a sweet stick! One of these days we need to get out and fish.

Don Powell
02-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Likewise, Jason!
Good Luck up north!!!
(Tell Scott O that Marilyn's been practicing...he'll be pleased)
Come to Skeena country with Keith and me in April...

Don

aaron
02-19-2008, 11:29 PM
Hi Don
Just curious if you got to give the 'dragontail' a run yet?
Thanks!
-aaron

Don Powell
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Hey Aaron!

Lookin' for an empty spool to put it on!

What are you doin' on Monday? I plan to come up early and cast a bit on the A. before Dustin's Nicholas Dean presentation...

I'd love to have you join me if you're not busy...

I plan to talk to Gary Anderson at the Flyfishing Show on Saturday or Sunday for his take on the proper use of the Dragon Tail...then give it a fling on Monday.

Don

aaron
02-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Don

I'm jealous...unfortunately I will be stuck in class all day on monday :cry:
Hopefully I'll run into you sometime soon out there!

-aaron