PDA

View Full Version : Annual Sugar Barge Delta Seminar and BBQ - Sunday March 30th

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-16-2008, 11:38 PM
I just found this on Dan Blanton's message board:
__________________________________________________ ____

Hey Gang,

The Sugar Barge folks are again hosting a free "Fly Fishing the Delta for Stripers and Largemouth Bass Seminar with BBQ" on Sunday, March 30th.

Start time - 12 noon in the club house lasting until at least the cocktail hour.

This year I'll be doing my delta slide show; Doug Lovell will bring us up to date on the state of the delta striper fishery; Captain Kevin Doran will be talking and showing fly fishing for delta largemouth bass; John Sherman will be showing Sage and Rio products and I'm still waiting to hear from others I've invited to participate in the seminars. Obviously Bill Nash won't be attending again this year and he will be sorely missed.

Of course the David Riggs, Sugar Barge owner and his folks want to show off their facilities - RV Park, rental trailers and marina. These folks have really been supportive of the Blanton fly fishing board community so be sure to check out their stuff.

There will be fly tying; tackle and rigging - the works! So if you want to learn more from the top delta guides and fly anglers, get a free BBQ lunch to boot, just post an RSVP under this message. Let me know who and how many will be attending.

I'm looking forward to seeing old and new faces at the event.

Dan Blanton

__________________________________________________ ___________

I went last year and it was a very exciting event and free?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-05-2008, 11:49 PM
Don't forget this wonderful free seminar and barbeque at the Sugar Barge Marina March 30th.

Be sure to RSVP.