PDA

View Full Version : Where would I have a good chance at catching some fish?

Digger0038
02-16-2008, 06:45 PM
My wife is actually letting me go out fishing tomorrow and Monday. I want to give myself a good chance at catching a few fish. I don't really care if they are Trout or Steelhead. I live in Lodi and don't mind driving a bit to give myself a decent chance at some action. Here are my thoughts. I could fish the Mokelumne river around the day park but someone posted signs that say no wading. Is that a suggestion or a rule? I would hate to get yelled at by someone for wading out when I am not supposed to. Im alsways carefull not to fish around the reds. I could fish the AR at Sunrise, Watt, Nimbus but I know it will be packed and again I want to make sure I am not fishing around the spawning grounds. I also could try Putah but I have been there a few times now with no luck at all. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I enjoy fishing and I have not had great luck the past few times I have been out and I just want to give myself a decent shot at actually getting something tomorrow?

Ed Wahl
02-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Good luck Digger. Just wait, in a month and a half or so the biggest problem we'll have is trying to decide what species to go after. If you've got a tube, Amador, Camanche, and Rancho Seco all have planters. Ed

Digger0038
02-16-2008, 09:16 PM
I actually was thinking about taking my pontoon to Rancho Seco on Monday. I can hardly wait till April, the sprin runs will be (should be) here. It will be my first year fishing for stripers in the American on the fly. Tried a few times with Clowsers in the Deta this winter bur not much luck. Tomorrow I may just hita few spots on the AR. I will just fish away from everyone else and see what happens.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Places I would go if I was off work?

Lower Yuba River

Small coastal SH rivers

Rancho Seco

Lake Amador

SF Eel River

Chili

Argentina

New Zealand

Amazon

Digger0038
02-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Fishing in Chili, Argentina, Amazon and New Zeland are all great ideas and I think I might have a decent chance at catching some fish in these waters but unfortunaltely my wife would want to come with and I don't think I would get to fish much. :wink: . I am thinking that I may take the pontoon out to Rancho Seco tormorrow morning and see what happens.

Scott V
02-17-2008, 06:17 PM
I'll hit up Seco with you tomorrow in my toon, let me know what time you are thinking.

fishngy
02-17-2008, 10:00 PM
What time? I am wondering if I go to Rancho or Folsom with the new boat. Just can't make up my mind this evening. Maybe I will see you at Rancho???

Scott V
02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I will be at Seco around 9 or so and will head to the back of the lake. Parked down the dirt road.