PDA

View Full Version : Off to Cameron Park .......

David Lee
02-15-2008, 09:19 AM
...... to try some new lines and new flies .

I should be there most of the day , so if you don't have anything better to do with your life .... :idea: :evil: :P

I'll post results after I get home .

David :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Maybe this sunshine will get those little buggers going?

Have fun..............

David Lee
02-15-2008, 03:33 PM
Stunningly beautiful day out there !!!

Water is the lowest I've ever seen ( down nearly 3 feet from Summer levels) , vis. is 3 feet to 1 foot , still heavy weed growth (usually gone by Spring) , and temps are still very cold . No bites , no taps , no fish seen .

Darian came out and chattered for a while . We had a fun time , even without stupid fishes . Perhaps in a few weeks .... ?????

Sturmer White
02-15-2008, 04:06 PM
David
It "IS" hard, chomping at the bit to get started.
They are called warm water fish.
OH! hell, I go anyway. Beats working at home,right.

Scott V
02-15-2008, 04:43 PM
I warned you, but you wouldn't listen. :lol:

Ed Wahl
02-15-2008, 06:48 PM
I feel better now, if David can't get 'em, they can't be got. Ed

David Lee
02-17-2008, 08:59 AM
I feel better now, if David can't get 'em, they can't be got. Ed

To be honest Ed .... I wasn't trying very hard .

Tell ya what - that low water level has me bothered . I've been fishing up there since the late-80's and cannot remember ever seeing CP that low ! Darian thought that the powers that be might be lowering the water for weed control , I noticed that they have cut down most of the Tulies/Cattails .....

The new line worked well - I picked up a Cortland Lazer DT-9 and cut it into three 30 foot sections . There's no way in hell I'm gonna dump $70.00+ on a new line (looks like everything went up over the Winter) , this setup worked fine on my 8 wt. .

Hairstacker
02-19-2008, 01:04 PM
I feel better now, if David can't get 'em, they can't be got.

Yep, that's about the size of it. Below 50 degrees, a very difficult prospect to catch 'em on flies, if you ask me. Even on the Delta, I believe it would be a considerable challenge to catch LMBs with flies at such water temps.