PDA

View Full Version : Updating

Jay Murakoshi
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm in the process of upgrading my web site. Since I've become a Guru (ha ha :D ) on the Mac, I've decide to take another challenge.
I've added a page called the "fly tyer's corner". I hope to do this quarterly with a new pattern each time. As you can see, I'm in the process of putting up the sea habit white knight. The process will include a step by step photos and tying instructions.
So for those of you who have inquired about the instructions, be patience.
The original instructions - well no longer are alive

If you have a pattern that you would like to have posted, here's all you would have to do:

Send me a fly in the tying steps ( I know, that could be a lot of steps)
Along with the tying instructions. I will photograph each step along with the tying instructions. I would also like a photo to go a long with each tyer.

Do you think this will work

Jay

Darian
02-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey Jay,.... I like the idea. :D :D One problem I can envision is, for those of us who haven't done this sort of thing yet, determining the point for each step in the process of tying a fly. So, a pattern could end up with too many steps (not a bad thing since you can edit) or not enough steps to be descriptive of the process. :? :?

If you get a whole bunch of participants going, you could end up with quite a backlog.... :? Oh well, that'll be good for the local coffee suppliers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HC
02-09-2008, 03:59 PM
Do It!!! Jay I finished testing the braided loops tied your way and have not had a single loop or connection fail. The fly line always breaks first. I also tried Max Garths coaxial loop for making loops on mono and had the same success as with your way. The Amnesia always broke before anything could go wrong with the coaxial loop. Good luck with the fly tying corner. Harley

Bob Laskodi
02-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Go for it! That's the kind of stuff I would like to see more of!