PDA

View Full Version : Activity on the American near Sunrise

Scott V
02-08-2008, 05:14 PM
At lunch today while driving down Sunrise I saw 8 people fishing the big long riffle just down stream of the bridge. I drive over Sunrise every day and this was the busiest I have seen in a longtime. 6 people in the water with 2 on shore. I have no idea if they caught anything, so if anyone was out there can you give a report.

Jasonh
02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Pretty typical for a fri, sat, sun. Most of the guys i have seen in that area are snagging spawning fish. It's really pretty sad!

Terry Thomas
02-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Bill Lowe also uses the area just below the ped. bridge for his spey classes. Perhaps it was a class.
T.

Ed Wahl
02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Tell you guys what, I'm thinking about going down there to have a look. Maybe check out Upper Sunrise also. I'll be taking my digi-cam. If I spot fly fishermen lining, snagging, or otherwise harassing steelhead on their redds their pic is gonna appear right here on the good ole Kienes Message Board tomorrow. Ed

Bob Laskodi
02-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Go to Sailor Bar and check out the huge spawning area right below it. I guarantee that you will see tons of fly flingers (and to be fair, tons of others) working the redds over and hauling in a bunch of butt hooked fish. So far the record catch of the year is a steelhead with four flies hangin out its back! Hopefully, that record won't be broken, but I'm not optimistic.