PDA

View Full Version : LMB

captnorm
02-06-2008, 08:22 PM
[http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/norm_1016/100_1965.jpg

Used a chartruese rabbit leech, second cast of the day. Beautiful day to be fishing. First of many LMB, I hope!

Norm

David Lee
02-06-2008, 08:29 PM
Nice !

Welcome to the board , BTW ........

David :D

Ed Wahl
02-06-2008, 08:31 PM
AAAAAAAAGH! What'dja go and do that for? :) Sorry, been a long winter. Nice fish, how 'bout some details? Did he take on the drop, while retrieving, on a pause, come out of the water and snatch it off your vest? Let's have the story Capt.

captnorm
02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks David! I thought I would get some blood stirring!! :D ED, she took it on the pause, just a slight hesitation on the retrieve. Went around a support post on the boat dock and tied me up, had to plunge my fly rod down deep to pry her loose, it was a kick!! Fishing in Discovery Bay off the boat dock in back. Caught a 12# striped bass November 30 same place. Supposed to be great weather for about a week so hopefully will be able to post more pics of some more fish caught!

Norm

David Lee
02-06-2008, 09:02 PM
AAAAAAAAGH! What'dja go and do that for? :) Sorry, been a long winter.

Damm , dude .... you too ??

I'll bet its worse for me - I haven't fished since mid-December , and I quit smoking Monday (yup , three days without) . Haven't killed anyone yet ....

Headed to Folsom tomorrow ..... I sure hope I get bit :twisted: :twisted:

Norm - what time do the Crappies get goin' in Disco ????

David

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-06-2008, 09:19 PM
LMB is good in Florida now too.

Great photo...........

Tony Buzolich
02-06-2008, 09:29 PM
David,

I haven't heard any recent reports but the crappie bite was incredible around Christmas. Right under the docks anywhere. :D
TONY

captnorm
02-06-2008, 09:59 PM
David, I've never fished just for crappie in Disco Bay, caught them when fishing for LMB and SB. I did catch them last March while flinging a chartruese clouser, size 6. Also caught bluegill and young stripers (12 inches or smaller).

Norm

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Years ago when I worked at "the bait shop" in West Sac we sold tons of small "Crappie minnows" in the spring. Maybe March/April?

We could check with Broadway Bait, Rod & Gun to see when they sell the most Crappie minnows?

Many went to Clear Lake for Crappie but I know they are in many lakes and sloughs in Nor Cal.

Hairstacker
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard! Nice fish!! :D

Mrs.Finsallaround
02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Paul and I are going to try for these on top tomorrow :D .... weather supposed to be beautiful and the winds calm (terminous forecast on NOAA).

captnorm
02-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Good luck Robin. Was out this morning, a beautiful day to fish, got a lot a practice casting in 8) . Saw some shad flying out of the water with fish chasing them but I think they were stripers. One bass boat fisher but he wasn't doing anything either. I only fish off the boat dock so I'm not fishing a lot of area :( . Anyway get out on the water and have fun.

Norm