PDA

View Full Version : I need some catfish

Scott V
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
My friend wants to put some catfish in his pond. It has bass, bluegill, and crappie in it right now. Where can we go and get about a dozen or so catfish.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

David Lee
02-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey Scott !!

A Catfish farm , perhaps ?? You cannot catch Catfish (or any other fish) and transport it from one body of water to another body of water here in California .

Good luck !

David

Scott V
02-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Dave, but do you know of a catfish farm.

David Lee
02-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd hit one of the good Chinese restaurants over on Broadway near Land Park .

They always seem to have live Black Bass , and sometimes live Cats in the tanks . You could ask them where the fish came from ......

There's also the Big M fishery out in Lincoln - they have ponds full of hatchery Bass/Catfish .

David

Charlie Gonzales
02-04-2008, 09:13 PM
...on Broadway accross from Target, by Fuji' s restaurant. They usually have cats, bass and stripers; some good bbq and any other aian food stuffs.

Black Cloud
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Go to the Dept of Fish and Game and type in aqaculture and you can find a list of of all the places that raise fish in calif. Everything from minnows to trout .

Scott V
02-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Go to the Dept of Fish and Game and type in aqaculture and you can find a list of of all the places that raise fish in calif. Everything from minnows to trout .

thank you Black Cloud, I wasn't really looking forward to going into an asian restaurant to ask for a fish not cooked.

roostersgt
02-05-2008, 10:02 PM
This place "BIG M's" in Lincoln Ca, sells catfish and trout for pond stocking. See near bottom of page "Pond Stocking Rates". Give them a shout.

Steve

http://www.bigmfishery.com/7.html