PDA

View Full Version : Fishpond Worth It?

TaylerW
02-03-2008, 08:45 PM
i have absolutely fallem in love with the shooting star tech pack, but is is really worth the 180 bones??
thanks,
tayler

Scott V
02-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I have the High Country pack and really love it.

Rick J
02-04-2008, 12:51 PM
curious if they are essentially waterproof - I would hope so for those $'s.

I have great day pack by Jansport that has the waterbladder and lots of pockets but it does get stuff wet in a downpour which is a bummer

davkrat
02-04-2008, 04:39 PM
I have the Wasach pack and I absolutley love it. In no way shape or form is it waterproof, toasted one of my cameras when I stepped into a deep hole on accident. Of course that happined the day I forgot my dry bag. Mr. Murphy at it again. Yeah they are expensive but I bet you will never be envious of another pack again. Besides if your vest is as full of gadgets and flies as mine is the vest is probably less expensive than all the stuff you put in it. Another thing to think about is if you buy 3 or 4 other vests in the next few years and are never really satisfied with them how much will that cost you in the end? If you can afford one I say go for it. I love mine and have never been envious of any other vest I have eer seen. I don't plan on getting another vest anytime soon. I did rip my first one by getting my wading staff caught on a log and jerking it free as I fell one time. I must fall alot! I had the vest attached to a smaller loop that was not heavily reinforced and it ripped. I have since found that there are other attachment points that are heavily reinforced. Fishpond replaced my torn pack no questions asked. If you can afford it go for it. You know you want to!

TaylerW
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
yeah, the thing i really like is with the shooting star i can just take the chest pack off and have a really nice back pack, whic is really useful. I am pretty sure i am going to go put an order in for one when i get my next paycheck.