PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia Steelhead T-Shirt

matt johnson
02-03-2008, 01:29 PM
I saw this on the Patagonia web-site recently:

During 2008, Patagonia will donate $5 bucks from the sale of ecah of their steelhead t-shirts to the Wild Steelhead Coalition.

here is the shirt:

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee281/ozziebooboo/steelheadT.jpg

Visit Patagonia's website for more details and check out the Wild Steelhead Coalition, a fine grass roots organization, at:

www.wildsteelheadcoalition.org

You can order the shirt directly from Patagonia, but you might want to call kiene's Flyshop first and see if they have them in stock :).

I apologize if this post goes overboard in the spam department. I just thought it was a good deal all around. Matt.

Jasonh
02-03-2008, 02:04 PM
Matt, Thanks for posting this. I think this is a great thing Patagonia is doing to help save and preserve the wild steelhead of the PNW. I will be buying a couple of shirts here soon. Hopefully more companies will follow similar suits.

Langenbeck
02-03-2008, 09:52 PM
At $29/T-Shirt Patigonia could afford to give $20/T-Shirt to the wild steelhead cause and still turn a nice profit. A $29 T-Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Gordon,

I know....we've been alive too long.

When we were kids gas was 25 cents a gallon, sit-down movies were $1 and a new Hardy Perfect fly reel was $37.50.

When my mom was young she said that candy bars were a nickel.

sculpin
02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Why not just give all the money to the Wild Steelhead Coalition and skip the overpriced T-Shirt. I have to hand it to Patagonia though, it's a good marketing gimmick to help them sell over priced T-Shirts.

aaron
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Hell I own one. If your in the market for a tee shirt why not buy one that does a little bit of good and support a company with a long track record of environmental consciousness?

Scott V
02-05-2008, 08:33 AM
Hell I own one. If your in the market for a tee shirt why not buy one that does a little bit of good and support a company with a long track record of environmental consciousness?

Nice avitar McLovin.

Adam Grace
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
I wonder just how many of our fellow board members do not know who McLovin is? :lol:

Funny Avatar

aaron
02-05-2008, 10:52 AM
Haha I'm glad you guys appreciate it. :lol:

Terry Thomas
02-05-2008, 07:16 PM
You do look different with that new hair cut. :lol: :lol: