PDA

View Full Version : Which One?

TaylerW
01-30-2008, 06:48 PM
i mainly fish for salmon and steelhead, but i also enjoy fishing in lakes. i am looking at basically all of the boats in outcasts lines that are 9ft and up.
what do you guys think would be best?
thanks,
Tayler

Scott V
01-30-2008, 08:22 PM
There is a listing for a real nice in the classifieds with the title Pontoon Boat. It is a heck of a deal on a real good 'toon

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-30-2008, 09:19 PM
Remember, you have to get that pontoon boat to the water.

I have a friend who fishes trout lakes all over the west and he likes a very light 8 foot pontoon boat so he can carry it hundreds of yards to the water at times.

For rivers the 9 and 10 foot models are very popular but in many cases you can get pretty close to the water to launch them.

TaylerW
01-30-2008, 09:46 PM
well, i have a 4wd truck that can get ANYWHERE, its kinda lik a mailman, neither sleet, nor snow, nor 4ft deep ruts can keep me from my spot, so access is not a problem. And i already have a 9ft dlx, and i am an key employee so i get that discount, so i am looking at the new 10ft with the lean bar and platform.

Kelly Maher
01-31-2008, 05:46 PM
If you are going down cliffs, you are in a pinch. Otherwise, buy the wheel attachment that clamps to back tubing and then you can just tow behind you like a wheel barrow (backwards that is...). I say get the big boy...