PDA

View Full Version : Winter Fishing Gloves

BigBill
01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
Whats everyone wearing on their hands this winter? I haven't done a whole lot of winter fishing so I need some opinions. The fingerless rag wool gloves just aren't doing the trick. I'm looking for something I can keep on and submerge when landing/releasing fish if possible. Not sure whether to go with neoprene, fleece, neoprene/fleece combo or ? Thanks in advance.

Rick J
01-27-2008, 06:19 PM
I like the windstopper gloves from Simms - mine are different than these (an older version) but they work pretty well even when wet

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/windstopper_half_finger_glove.html

BigBill
01-29-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah I was wondering about those. They have em at my local fly shop but I wanted to get some opinions before I shelled out $35. That is actually more than I paid for my Burton snowboard gloves, lol. Simms stuff ain't cheap...

lynnwhite44
01-29-2008, 03:24 PM
I use a cheaper pair of fleece gloves with fingers tips cut off and they work fine. I got thm on sale on the web for $7.00. I don't know if it was on this site but I did see a guy wearing latex gloves like a doctor or a dentist would wear. I haven't tried them yet but I may try them this weekend.

Flycanoe
01-29-2008, 04:26 PM
I have the windcutter half finger gloves since last winter and they are very warm. They are OK if they get a little wet, but they aren't meant to be submerged and will hold lots of water.

I recently found a $20 pair of thin low profile 1.5mm neoprene gloves, fleece lined interior, sure grip textured palm, full fingers with retractable index finger and thumb.

Used them once so far this winter and am very pleased with them, very warm including fingertips, can be submerged, not bulky, great for handling fish and all the fishing gear in wet conditions.

Can't remember the brand name right now, but will check tonight.

Flycanoe
01-29-2008, 08:51 PM
The brand is Glacier Glove.

Here they are at basspro shop, even cheaper than what I paid at my local fishing store.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&partNumber=85096&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

BigBill
01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Those full finger neoprene glacier gloves look pretty intense. I don't know if I could cast with all that material on my hands. Has anyone used the Kenai half finger glacier gloves?