PDA

View Full Version : Thank You !!!!!!!!!

Rob
01-26-2008, 08:27 PM
To all you none hunters !!!!!!!!

Thank you for allowing the Duck hunting tread to be here on Kiene's , FLYFISING FORUM . I know some people do not understand hunting and may even be appalled by it . But thank you for you patience !!! :D

:D RobK

Ed Wahl
01-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Rob, you rock. =D>

Rob
01-27-2008, 12:32 AM
Rob, you rock. =D>

Thanks !!!!!!!

My wife thinks I'm nuts :roll: , sitting for hours in mud and up to my waste in freezing water , covered with ice . Some days i agree with her !!!! :shock: One day Cody and i were driving out to the bear river to do some duck hunting and we had gale force winds and almost a complete white out from blowing snow . When we got to the river , it was not that bad . That was one of the best days we had . we had a flock of geese land right in our decoys , thanks to Cody's great job of calling. But boy was it Cold , + 6 deg . We got a 3 geese and a few Mallards but had to leave , our guns froze up solid and would not shoot . Days like that my wife may have a point , but it sure was fun !!!

Ed Wahl
01-27-2008, 12:39 AM
I meant you rock because you realized that you had a pretty long duck hunting thread going on a flyfishing board. Thanking the majority of the members here for their indulgence was a pretty classy act. Ed

Rob
01-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I meant you rock because you realized that you had a pretty long duck hunting thread going on a flyfishing board. Thanking the majority of the members here for their indulgence was a pretty classy act. Ed

That's what i thought you meant !! :D

I didn't think you though i rocked because i hunt !! :wink: :wink:

I was just trying to show , that even my wife does not understand hunting and the crazy things we do to get a bird !!

I am VERY , VERY impressed that someone did not come unglued having a hunting thread on a fly fishing Forum . :D :D

Thanks Again everyone , You guys ROCK !!!!!!!!!! :D

Charlie Gonzales
01-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Yeah thanks Bill, those who participated, and the others that didnt bash the hunters. When I started that thread I no way would have gone three pages and 2400 hits. Had a great season even though I didnt get to hunt that much but I will save those stories for the other thread.

Now if I could just get Billy to expand his store so it had some hunting and a deli, I would be in heaven.

Thanks again.

Rob
01-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Yeah thanks Bill, those who participated, and the others that didnt bash the hunters. When I started that thread I no way would have gone three pages and 2400 hits. Had a great season even though I didnt get to hunt that much but I will save those stories for the other thread.

Now if I could just get Billy to expand his store so it had some hunting and a deli, I would be in heaven.

Thanks again.

A couple sofas and a coffee and Coco shop inside would be nice !! :wink: :wink:

matt johnson
01-27-2008, 01:48 PM
I think there are even some Vegetarians that read this board who are all sensitive about killing things and stuff and they did not get bent out of shape by that topic.... Truly a respectful internet community! matt.

Ed Wahl
01-27-2008, 01:52 PM
I hope you guys bagged up all the feathers you'd ever hope to need. It really sucks when you have to buy some feathers that you've just been tossing out all winter. I had to pay retail for some pheasant tails last year, not a big expense but it just chapped my hide.

Hairstacker
01-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Hey, if Bill installs a coffee shop as a result of all this. . . . 8) 8) 8) :lol:

Rob
01-27-2008, 03:53 PM
I hope you guys bagged up all the feathers you'd ever hope to need. It really sucks when you have to buy some feathers that you've just been tossing out all winter. I had to pay retail for some pheasant tails last year, not a big expense but it just chapped my hide.

I saved the CDC of the back side of the geese !!!!!! :D I don't tie so not sure what parts to keep unless someone tells me . Someone asked me for the CDC from some geese so that's what i saved . WE have a green-head drake Mallard in the freezer whole that may be mounted if we don't do the green wing Teal . So if you need any feathers off the Mallard and we don't mount it , let me know what parts you need . I will ship the to you for free . :D That goes for anyone , next year to !!!

Charlie Gonzales
01-27-2008, 07:32 PM
I have always wanted to offer up my feathers,capes, and pheasant tails but was afraid of taking away from Bills sales.

Rob
01-28-2008, 11:46 AM
I have always wanted to offer up my feathers,capes, and pheasant tails but was afraid of taking away from Bills sales.

I sure don't want to do that !!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Ed Wahl
01-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't worry about that Charlie, if someone giving away some feathers from something he shot cut's into Bill's sales at all something's gone massively awry down at the shop.