PDA

View Full Version : Going fishing more..........a "Catch 22" for many.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
It is too bad that many fly fishers just can't get out a lot because that is how you get really good.

Many have other obligations like a wife, children, job and a mortgage so it's not possible for them to really get out a lot (and probaby shouldn't).

When I am putting up fishing suggestions on the Internet I am trying to get to that "new to the sport" or "new to a particular part of the sport" person so they can get out at prime time with the "right stuff" and catch something in their limited windows (was widows...opps) of opportunity.

Maybe this summer we can help a new person or two to get them connected to this great local Nor Cal fishing we have for lots of different species.

The people here who fish a lot don't need my help much. Actually I need their input to stay centered with my recommendations to those who actually need help.

I think the Internet is a wonderful thing that has come along at a fun time of my life. I love information and got much of it in the past from talking to other in person or reading fishing magazine articles.

Now we can do it here almost live. It's wonderful. Thanks.

dtp916
01-25-2008, 03:38 PM
Only problem is when you get out too much you become a trout bum and don't want to do anything but fish...

I guess that's not bad in a fly fishing perspective. :lol:

jlmelend
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Right on James...work helps us live, but fly fishing (among other things) is what we can live for...

Bill you are right on the money. The next best thing to learning fly fishing is passing on what you learned to a buddy or your family. Right you are.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-25-2008, 11:04 PM
When it warms up will get some new recruits and get them going this next summer.

Dustin Revel
01-25-2008, 11:21 PM
James,
what does a steelhead junkie call a trout bum?..... a pedophile :wink:
yeah we've got the disease... hell i even picked the school I'm going just because of the coastal steelhead fishing.
Dusty

dtp916
01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
James,
what does a steelhead junkie call a trout bum?..... a pedophile :wink:
yeah we've got the disease... hell i even picked the school I'm going just because of the coastal steelhead fishing.
Dusty

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good 1! I picked Chico for proximity for Nor Cal trout fishing 8)

Ed Wahl
01-26-2008, 08:38 AM
their limited widows of opportunity

That's a funny slip Bill. My wife claims to be a fishing widow. :D

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Opps.......funny Ed.

Rob
01-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Only problem is when you get out too much you become a trout bum and don't want to do anything but fish...

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME !!!!!!!!! :D :D :D