PDA

View Full Version : How to make hard bodied bass poppers -3/1/2008.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-23-2008, 10:54 PM
..............by Leo Gutterres of Stockton, CA.

Leo will put on a bass popper demo on Saturday, March 1, 2008 from 10:00AM until 2:00PM at Kiene's Fly Shop.

This is a free event.

Leo is locally famous for his super good quality blasa wood bass poppers.

He will also be demonstrating his famous "twisted leaders" which are very simple and very popular now for bass and salt water fishing.

http://www.kiene.com/gallery/albums/WarmWaterFishing/bassleo.jpg

These are the poppers that worked best in December in Mexico at El Salto Reservoir.

David Lee
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Bill -

Are you putting on the Warmwater Expo again this year ??

David :thumbsup:

k.hanley
01-24-2008, 09:43 AM
The Expo is in another location this year Dave (as seen in the California Fly Fisher Magazine ad in the current issue). It will be held in the North Bay/Marin County area. The Bass-N-Fly Promotions team designed this event to move around the state. Bill's shop will have it again at some point for sure...just not this year. Thanks for the interest in our event.
Cheers, Ken

Scott V
01-24-2008, 01:24 PM
I can not wait for this one, I will be there front and center. Once again thank you Bill for getting this type of informative information in person.

Hairstacker
01-24-2008, 01:48 PM
Yeah, if you can make it, you will definitely want to check out Leo creating his bass poppers -- he has the art down to a science. 8) 8) 8)

mikenewman
01-24-2008, 06:26 PM
Leo gave me this link for a guy who attended one of his seminars -

http://www.peninsulaflyfishers.org/Fly_Tying/tom_balsa_popper/balsa_bass_poppers.html

I'm sure it's not as good as watching the man himself in action but nevertheless a good primer/reference.

k.hanley
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the link Mike. Tom did a great job with that tutorial. Leo's balsa poppers are for sure in my box when I'm on the water.
Cheers, Ken

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
It is this coming Saturday, March 1st.

It should be a really good event and a good time for us to gather for the Kiene's Delta LMB fish-out in early May at Lundborg's Landing.

Bring your favorite bass flies so we can all get a good look at them.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-06-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks Leo..........it was a great event.