PDA

View Full Version : brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rob
01-23-2008, 05:21 AM
shoveled some snow yesterday morning , without gloves and my fingers just about fell off . Went inside and check the weather on Yahoo , - 15 and this morning it's - 9 . Coldest weather i have eve been in !!!!!!!!! :shock:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-23-2008, 09:18 AM
Cool dude.....Hi Rob

Our grandkids are living in Colorado Springs and I think it is pretty cold there too.

alaskanfish
01-23-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey Rob,

Mind sending some of that cold weather back here to Alaska where it belongs....?

We have been in the mid 40's (above zero) for the last few days. We cooled off to the mid 20's last night. I don't mind winter (other than the fact that fly-fishing is a bit difficult... gotta be right on with your cast to hit that 8" hole), I don't like the on and off again winter. A bit more than 2 weeks ago we were -26. So, that is a 60 degree warm-up in about a week!!!

So, being the skeptic that I am, I think it is time for Al Gore to write a book on global cooling and that would fix all the problems. :twisted:

Be careful out there and keep your fingers warm.

Rob
01-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Our high today was +15 and the low - 9 . I have a daughter in Kodiak and we get colder weather than there. Around 15 mile east of here is a area called Peter Sinks , Its a bowl between some mountains . It gets -35 to - 50 there . Once it gets below zero , it just plane COLDDDDDD . But 35 above and clear feels like t-shirt weather !!

Rob
01-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Hey Rob,

So, being the skeptic that I am, I think it is time for Al Gore to write a book on global cooling and that would fix all the problems. :twisted:

PLEASE NOT ANOTHER BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

lynnwhite44
01-24-2008, 01:01 PM
[PLEASE NOT ANOTHER BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

Another simple mind afraid of the truth.[/quote]

David Lee
01-24-2008, 06:59 PM
Awwwww ...... :roll:

Rob is many different things (Duck hunter , Fisherman , photo-nut , nice guy ....) , but I don't think he's a ' another simple mind' -

Just thought you'd want to know .... :D

David :nod:

Rob
01-26-2008, 07:28 PM
[PLEASE NOT ANOTHER BOOK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]

Another simple mind afraid of the truth.[/quote]

Come on !!! :oops: :shock:

You have a total of 9 post here , and you have to go and be RUDE . :shock: You don't even know me !! NO i am not afraid of the truth , But i don't think of him ( A. G. ) as being truthful !! I hope you don't think everyone that disagrees with you , or A.G simple minded !!

Rob
01-26-2008, 08:11 PM
Awwwww ...... :roll:

Rob is many different things (Duck hunter , Fisherman , photo-nut , nice guy ....) , but I don't think he's a ' another simple mind' -

Just thought you'd want to know .... :D

David :nod:

Thanks David !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob
02-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Snow , snow and more snow !!!!!!!!!!! :D

Rob
02-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Hey Rob,

Mind sending some of that cold weather back here to Alaska where it belongs....?

We have been in the mid 40's (above zero) for the last few days. We cooled off to the mid 20's last night. I don't mind winter (other than the fact that fly-fishing is a bit difficult... gotta be right on with your cast to hit that 8" hole), I don't like the on and off again winter. A bit more than 2 weeks ago we were -26. So, that is a 60 degree warm-up in about a week!!!

Be careful out there and keep your fingers warm.

Looks like we are going to have a beautiful spring with plenty of water . We have more snow already this winter , than the last two winters combined . :D According to my neighbors we have more snow than they have seen since 2002 . I understand we my have record snow depths this year. I love snow , so this does not bother me . Gotta love all this global cooling !!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v636/rgkempton/Our%20Home%20in%20Utah/IMG_0122_RT8.jpg

alaskanfish
02-03-2008, 08:28 PM
OK... I should have been a bit more careful with my request....

We have been -20f to -26f over the last week. This is reminds me of the weather back in the '70's before global warming or global cooling as the case maybe.... So, global cooling (at least in Alaska) seems to be taking hold this week... maybe global warming next week?

Rob
02-05-2008, 08:17 AM
OK... I should have been a bit more careful with my request....

We have been -20f to -26f over the last week. This is reminds me of the weather back in the '70's before global warming or global cooling as the case maybe.... So, global cooling (at least in Alaska) seems to be taking hold this week... maybe global warming next week?

A couple of months ago , i was complaining about the lack of cold weather not pushing any waterfowl in to our area . :shock: Its been snow on and off now for the last two weeks straight. I saw on the news where China is having the coldest winter they have seen in over a 100 years. :shock: My mother in-law lives in Grass Valley Ca. and is snowed in .

I am concerned about the deer herds here in Utah . Unforchently most homes here in Cache Valley and though out the state of Utah are built on the foothills , which are the winter feeding grounds for our Mule deer . The snows have pushed them down into our neighborhood . I started feeding them DWR ( dept of Wildlife resources ) approved feed , a few day ago.
Many people in our area cover up all their shrubs to keep the deer from eating them . I care more for the deer than my stupid shrubs.
The snow in some area's of the state is over the heads of the deer and unless they get air dropped feed , they don't have a chance .