PDA

View Full Version : Where to take Dad Flyfishing?

Big Jim
01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
I want to take my father flyfishing in the next month or so. He is a decent fisherman but is not so good at wading anymore, nor at getting in and out of boats either. Also, I want him to have a decent shot at fish. I know it's a tough time of year and some of the closer streams aren't fishing so well either (we are in berkeley)....

We could do two day jaunt, and I have a drift boat...no objection to being guided either.

any thoughts?

jim

dtp916
01-19-2008, 01:08 AM
Lower Sac or Lower Feather. PM me if interested.

AllRiverFishing
01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I totally agree on the lower Sac. (Redding, Red Bluff). Indicator fishing here is pretty simple and low impact. One cast will get you a lot of fishing time! From right now on through spring it fishes quite consistantly for decent 'bows and the occasional steelhead. Dad should be able to plant himself right in the front of a driftboat and fish away without so much as getting his big toe wet. For scenery and ease of fishing I'd reccommend the Red Bluff area. If you're interested in lodging in the area some friends of mine run a very comfortable guest house (B&B).

FRSam
02-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Jim I hope your trip with your father was successful...there's so little time. I lost my dad this past December, 93 yrs old. I wasn't able to get him out in my new Whaler but we did have many, many great fishing trips together over the years and there in lie some wonderful memories.
Enjoy your time on the water.
Pete