PDA

View Full Version : Where to take Dad Flyfishing?

Big Jim
01-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I want to take my father flyfishing in the next month or so. He is a decent fisherman but is not so good at wading anymore, nor at getting in and out of boats either. Also, I want him to have a decent shot at fish. I know it's a tough time of year and some of the closer streams aren't fishing so well either (we are in berkeley)....

We could do two day jaunt, and I have a drift boat...no objection to being guided either.

any thoughts?

jim

Darian
01-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Hmmmm,.... Have you considered going up the coast to fish some estuaries for Steelhead :?: :?: Sandy bottoms are easy on the knees.... No heavy currents involved. Good chance to get into a fish or two.... 8) 8) Further north,... maybe the Eel or something further up like Redwood Creek :?: :?: :?: The only problem is timing.

Of course, you could always choose to fish one of the Bay area lakes/reservoirs. I understand Clear Lake crappies are biting very good right now.... 8) 8)

Whatever you decide to do, good Luck.... :D :D :D

Hogan Brown
01-19-2008, 08:35 AM
take hime to fish the L. Sac. He'll be in a drift boat the whole day and all he has to do is worry about standing up when fishing in the boat. Fishing has been fair-good and you should have a great day. My dad has bad knees and he fishes the L.yuba and L. Sac with me alot based on the fact he doesn't wade much anymore.

Big Jim
01-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the advice everyone

Jim

David Lee
01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Jim -

Tell Dad to stretch his legs and get ready for a Bass/Sunfish trip in May/June . Me and the boys will be more than happy to host it ..... all he has to do is chatter , cast , and enjoy (if he's OK w/ the warmwater stuff ....) .

Cameron Park or Seco will be the venue .

David :)

Big Jim
01-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Very kind offer.

I will suggest it to him

thanks.

Jim