PDA

View Full Version : Rod/reel case question

Scott V
01-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I recently got the Sage largemouth rod and have a question about storing the rod and reel in the case. Do people usually leave the reel attached to the butt section of the rod when they store it in the case, or do you take the reel off all the time.

Just wondering. I personally will take the reel off all the time and store it in its little pouch and keep it in the case loose.

Now I really can't wait til top water season.

Rodney D.
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Hey Scott, you can store it at my house and I will take very good care of it for you! :)

dtp916
01-17-2008, 09:19 PM
You can leave it on if you want. It doesn't really matter as long as its dry.

BigBill
01-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't have any rods that cost more than $200 or any reels that cost more than $100, so I buy the rod AND reel tubes and leave the reels attached. There is definitely water damage on the wood reel seat of the rod and corrosion on the foot of the reel from doing this over the years. If you have good stuff, and want to keep it that way, continue to store your reels separately in their pouches.

Scott V
01-18-2008, 08:08 AM
I never thought about the water problem, thank you for the heads up on the water. I will definetly keep them seperate.

Thanks for the thought Rodney but I am afraid that it might get lost or stolen in Carmichael. :lol:

Rodney D.
01-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Scott, good call :lol: