PDA

View Full Version : Trinity River

AllRiverFishing
01-11-2008, 07:53 PM
The upper river fished pretty well the last three days. The water has come up and gotten a bit cloudy from snow melt but it had no adverse effect on the bite. The roads have not been in the best shape. There's some dangerous ice and unplowed snow at the access points and some of the roads in. 4WD is a must at most of the launches. Nymphs under an indicator are still the staple tactic for the most grabs. The fish seemed to be in very distinct pods, here and there, not very spread out. Moving around, covering water to find the fish and then sticking with them for a while seemed like the thing to do. If you plan on coming up any time soon take it easy on the roads in... especially in the A.M

Terry Thomas
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Saw your segment on Angler West this morning. Good job!
T.

AllRiverFishing
01-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Things warmed up overnight, there was a little rain and the river clouded up significantly from the snowmelt. Foot and a half viz. right now. We might be in good shape by monday.

AllRiverFishing
01-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's a few photos from on the Trinity this week.
[

roostersgt
01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Wow! Great pictures! Looks like another balmy day on a steelhead stream. Glad somebody is getting out and doing well. Great job!

Adam Grace
01-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

That first picture is great, nice composition.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-14-2008, 02:26 AM
Yes...that first picture is powerful.

Thanks for posting a great report too.

AllRiverFishing
01-14-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I drifted again today. Most of the snow is gone, the runoff is strong though. Pretty milky water but still very fishable. The key was bumping a pod of fish on the nose and getting that 'perfect drift'. When the bite is potentially tougher, being religious about adjusting your shot and leader from hole to hole will make a big difference.
[img]

AllRiverFishing
01-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Another decent day on the Trinity...river is still a bit cloudy though. Bigger bugs worked best. This was my last trip over there for a little while as I'll be down in Sac. at the ISE show. Good luck to those who do get over there!

AllRiverFishing
01-26-2008, 11:48 PM
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/AllRiverFishing/winter07080resize.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/AllRiverFishing/winter07087resize.jpg

Steelie-Stalker
01-27-2008, 01:50 AM
NICE!!! Thats a beautiful Sea Run Brown.

AllRiverFishing
02-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey guys, I've been over on the Trinity the last few days and it's rough. There's a ton of snow, lots of ice, and downed trees. The water is in great shape; the fish are there, fishing has been quite good actually, but access is tough. Caution to any other drift boaters: some of those big leaning trees over the water finally leaned all the way!