PDA

View Full Version : snow capped mountain

mems
01-08-2008, 05:22 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/P1070183.jpg
Aloha, went off-shore yesterday. Got some mah and ahi. Got out the 10wt and had some fun. I got this big eye ahi on a popper on the spinner on the right. Largest fish on the smallest rod. It took 30 minutes to tug of war it in on 20lb power pro. While I was fighting it a mahi swam by the boat. We tossed out a bait, and when it jumped we yanked it on the deck. That was a nice double, cause my buddies were giving me gas on how long it was taking me to get the ahi up. Laterz, Mems.
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/P1070179.jpg

Darian
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Aloha Don,.... That's a mighty nice Ahi ya got there. :D :D In the same photo, to the right of your pose is something that looks to be fish (Dorado :?: ) jumping. Is that correct or is the object a lure hanging on the line :?: :?:

Beautiful setting for that photo. 8) 8) 8)

BigBill
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
LOL if that's a dorado it would have two world records. One for size and the other for airborne launching capabilities. It's gotta be a lure...

Adam Grace
01-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Don, I am soooo jealous of you and your island home.

mems
01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Darian, that ufo is actually a Rainy's bubblehead purple popper. It is tied to the TFO spin rod and that is what I got this ahi on. They are the best ahi catching baits I have ever used. I put one on my 10wt to get some ahi later for fun with the fly rod. You guys should try them down in baja this summer. I know I will bring some when I take my son down to Isla Cervallo this June, thanks to JayM.
By the way I cooked some of that ahi tonight. Sesame seared and some fresh as sashimi with ginger wasabi. It was great. Big eye is my favorite ahi, nice pink meat and a delicate flavor. The mahi last night wasn't too bad either.
Hi Adam, the pond and those bonefish still are waiting for your return. I got about 10 bonefish saturday night fishing for akule. I got my buddies to release them all! I am making progress. Take care, Don.