PDA

View Full Version : May 2008 LMB Outing @ Lundborg Landing!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-01-2008, 01:27 PM
We have had two successful Kiene's message board bass outings at Lundborg's on Bethel Island in the Delta.

http://www.lundborglanding.com/

First fish out was really "hot" (100+ degrees) in July and then the second was in October 2007. Both were really fun for me.

According to Kevin Doran, May is his top month for top water LMBing.

We will have to set a date for our third in May 2008.

Weekends are kind of wild down in the Delta but most have to go then because of that bad habit, work.

We can have it for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday so some can fish Friday or Monday too.

We need to look at events that compete like bass tournaments and FFing events or big athletic sports events?

Off the full moon too, May 19.

That leaves the weeks of May 10/11 and May 24/25.

What do you think?

k.hanley
01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Hey believe it or not, those are dates I can make this year. At least as of this morning (which can change in a heartbeat with work and travel commitments). I would opt for the 10/11 weekend because things get crazy the longer you go into the season.
Cheers, Ken 8)

erhetta
01-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Oh heck yeah....the later dates work for me. I will be in Tahoe the 10/11....

Dave4622
01-02-2008, 07:05 AM
Either weekend works for me. See you there. Dave

David Lee
01-02-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm for the 10th and 11th .

Anything to avoid that nasty full Moon ....... :shock:

David

Scott V
01-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm for the 10th and 11th .

Anything to avoid that nasty full Moon ....... :shock:

David

I concur, full moon bad.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-02-2008, 11:13 AM
The official date is the weekend of May 10/11, 2008.

Oh no...it's "Mother's Day"

This should be the best ever.............fishing, BSing and food!!!

OK...what about May 24/25???

Scott V
01-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Sweet, I will be there to show how us non-motorized boats get 'er done! :lol:

FYI: The 11th is Mother's Day, you might consider changing the date. Rule number 1 in life, do not piss of mom.

Hairstacker
01-02-2008, 03:46 PM
Well, I thought I was good to go for either weekend and was waiting see to what everyone else picked until Scott mentioned the 10th/11th is Mother's Day weekend. I think that will definitely limit participation due to the serious negative brownie points involved. . . . :lol: Any chance of reconsidering the date?

David Lee
01-02-2008, 06:26 PM
I'm with Mike and Scott on this - clear it from a holiday weekend= more SAVAGES Buggin'/BSing/eating/etc. .

What sayeth thee , Mr. Kiene ?

Ooooooo !!! One more idea here - does anyone want to take turns FILMING it ?? A few Camcorders running for three days of lunacy could make for an amusing DVD to play at the shop :!:

Just a thought .......

David :evil: :evil: :evil:

Nip Hadlock
01-02-2008, 07:14 PM
two words: You Tube :twisted:

David Lee
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
two words: You Tube :twisted:

I was actually thinking blackmail .........

D.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-02-2008, 09:34 PM
OK....weekend of May 24/25 is the date now.

Memorial Weekend.....OK we will try May 3/4?

Scott V
01-03-2008, 08:04 AM
My mom thanks you Bill.

Scott V
01-03-2008, 08:46 AM
FYI, that is Memorial weekend.

David Lee
01-03-2008, 09:26 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It might as well be dumb-ass day - somebody's gonna get killed !! I fished Folsom out of a tube one 4th of July ....... it was NOT pleasant .

Other options Bill ??????

David :(

Scott V
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
How about the first weekend of May, the 3-4. There is a new moon on the following Monday, it is not a holiday weekend. And it would be a great way to start of a month.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
OK..............we will try for May 3-4, 2008 for the LMB weekend fishout @ Lundborg Landing.

Scott V
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Who would have thought that planning an outing would be so difficult. But I have a feeling that all our hard work will turn this event into an awesome weekend of fishing and camaraderie. I am so looking forward to this trip.

lee s.
01-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Yahooooo! \:D/
Susan and I are following this thread with much anticipation. :roll: THIS w/e is actually the best for us too. :wink: Are canoes allowed or should we plan on useing the plastic vessel? ](*,)
.....lee s.

Scott V
01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Canoes are good, I will be in an inflatable pontoon. I know others will be in non motorized floating devices as well. And hopefully the "Black Pearl" which is captained by the filthy swashbuckling pirate Captain Wahl will be there with powder in his cannons and rum in his bottles. :lol:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-03-2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Lee

Scott V and Ed W fished in Piper Slough (5 mph) in front of Lundborg's in a pontoon boat and a small pram with electric motor and out fished most of us who ran all over the country with larger boats.

I think float tubes, pontoon boats, canoes, kayak and boats from 8' up are all a good thing for this fun outing.

People will be able to camp in the back of their rigs (SUV, minvan/pickup), put up a tent, bring a tent trailer, travel trailer or motor home.

The weather should be smoken nice then for camping, BSing and cooking/barbequing/pot-lucking.

As some know Lundborg's is not fancy but they like having us and they have a good restaurant and bar. Kind of laid back but it works for us.

I think fishing, especially on top, should be good from early AM till noon so we could have a big break and barbeque from noon to 2:00pm then fish from 2:00pm till dark.

Some might fish daylight till dark and eat on the water.

Also some might go a day early, May 2/Friday, and leave May 5/Monday to make a 4 day-er out of it.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Mrs.Finsallaround
01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Tides should be considered before we set up a lunch gathering.... :idea:

05/02/2008 Fri 02:53AM LDT 3.0 H 09:31AM LDT 0.2 L 03:19PM LDT 2.4 H 09:07PM LDT 0.4 L
05/03/2008 Sat 03:19AM LDT 3.2 H 10:22AM LDT -0.1 L 04:19PM LDT 2.5 H 09:46PM LDT 0.6 L
05/04/2008 Sun 03:48AM LDT 3.5 H 11:11AM LDT -0.3 L 05:18PM LDT 2.6 H 10:27PM LDT 0.8 L
05/05/2008 Mon 04:22AM LDT 3.7 H 12:01PM LDT -0.5 L 06:17PM LDT 2.6 H 11:12PM LDT 1.0 L

Paul and I weren't able to really participate in the last one (BBQ/gathering) cause we were fishing the tides, not the times.... :(

Also, New Moon is on the 5th...

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-03-2008, 09:56 PM
We will adjust the lunch and dinner break to fit the tides.

I just need someone to tell me when it will be dead tide mid-day, I guess.

Great suggestion Mrs Fins.......thanks.

Richard
01-05-2008, 01:56 PM
My health is improving (biopsy on the 15th :( ). But I plan to keep getting healthier :D and have written in May 2 ad 3 to keep me motivated. Planning to see everyone there, at least on the 3rd. :) :) :)

Scott V
01-09-2008, 02:36 PM
My health is improving (biopsy on the 15th :( ). But I plan to keep getting healthier :D and have written in May 2 ad 3 to keep me motivated. Planning to see everyone there, at least on the 3rd. :) :) :)

Keep the faith Richard, hopefully we will improve on the fish you have in your picture. I'm thinking we will be seeing alot of bass over the 7 lb. size, I myself am shooting to break my record largemouth of 7 lbs. 5 ozs. And I hope to do it on top water.

Hairstacker
01-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Hang in there Richard! Looking forward to hearing great news.

Rickey Noel Mitchell
01-11-2008, 07:16 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

It might as well be dumb-ass day - somebody's gonna get killed !! I fished Folsom out of a tube one 4th of July ....... it was NOT pleasant .

Other options Bill ??????

David :(

Fish out of a kayak.

On that note, I will be there with mine. I've been looking forward to this.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Hi Rickey

This should be a great trip.

I hope many will camp there overnight on saturday night.

Scott V
01-11-2008, 09:52 AM
I plan on being there Friday through Sunday. And for Saturday night we can have a fire and maybe do some fly tying. Just a thought.

Hairstacker
01-11-2008, 10:44 AM
On that note, I will be there with mine. I've been looking forward to this.

Hey Rickey! Good to see you pipe in, was wondering where you've been. :D

andanb
01-11-2008, 03:59 PM
I'd like to join in this sounds like a blast. I'd be fishing from a boat. Stripers and LMB?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I think it will be mostly LMB, but you never know if there might be a few Stripers around.

May is the super good month according to Delta LMB guide Kevin Doran.

May is also the top month for Stripers spawning in the Sacramento River up north around Colusa.

Phil Synhorst
01-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Hey All, If Scott is correct about the new moon being the following monday, that should make for good tide swings. Usually they are the best 2-3 days before and after. I heard from Capt. Ed that last year was darn good fishing. I'll have to get in touch with the shop to put my name in the hat.

Ed Wahl
01-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Hey Phil, welcome aboard buddy. What's up, now that you can cast that thing you've decided to come out of the closet? Figuratively, I mean. :lol: Ed

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I think this will be our best Delta LMB outing as far as the fishing goes.

You can fish from a float tube, pontoon boat, raft, kayak or canoe too.

The water right in front of the marina is 5 mph so its safe for small craft.

We will be scheduling the big mid-day barbeque with the prevailing tides too.

We will have to try to coordinate the camping spots with Lundborgs so we are all together.

Overnighting is half the fun......lots of BSing.

Scott V
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
As for the camping spots, all you do is pull in and pick your spot, last year that is what I did. There was no reserving of a particular spot. As of now my plans are that I will be there with the rv and hopefully will arrive by 2 in the afternoon. I plan on getting in some sun set fishing.

Mike Churchill
02-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm planning on bringing my little Gregor with an 8-horse outboard on it and two comfortably swivel seats. I hope to be there both days and I will only be occupying 1-seat each day. :)

At the last outing, I learned a lot hitching rides with Paul and Robin on Saturday and Capt. Jerry on Sunday. Can't say I have anything to teach, but I can at least offer a ride.

In addition to chasing largemouths, I'm bringing a 3-weight to spend a little time chasing bluegills in the tules. :evil:

If anyone wants to join me either day, speak up.

Mike

JerryInLodi
02-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Bill, I've been in a funk lately since my boat has been in the shop waiting for a part but it should be back the first of March. I'll be there at least some of the days and will try to bring Leo Gutterres with me. He can tell tales of El Salto!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Sounds good Jerry...............

JerryInLodi
02-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Bill, Leo is free and he and I will fish Saturday. Leo will bring his El Salto pictures and will hold a furled leader clinic at lunch. I'm sure he'll bring a pocket full of poppers as well. He refuses to sell them but is is big into trading!

I'll bring some of my flip-flop popper heads, preshaped, and some tying materials and show how one is assembled. They are UNSINKABLE, INDESTRUCTIBLE, and catch lots of fish! Sorry HairStacker, they are NOT works of art like your hair bugs are. I'll also bring the rotary tool and shape some foam heads if power is available.

Since the event is going to be May lunch should be a fairly lazy 1 1/2 to 2 hour affair during the quiet part of the day, say, 1pm to 3pm. That's generally the slowest time of the day. Sometimes during early May though the bite goes on ALL DAY!

If you like, we can do the tying and furled leader demo while we're waiting for the coals to get right on the BBQ for cooking.

Of course, it would be great if others joined in and brought something to the outing that they could share as well. I'd love to see HairStacker painstakingly tie one of his trophy bugs!

If it's OK with everyone else, does the above sound OK. How about a definate time for lunch? Does 1pm to 3mp sound good?

For those coming, make sure to make an offering to the wind gods sometime during the week prior to the event! It doesn't have to be your first born child or your best hunting dog. Maybe just leave a BBQed rib on the plate un-eatten one day or leave the crust on a piece of toast!

Scott V
02-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Awesome idea Jerry. I will have my rv there again so I will bring some tables and chairs for tying. Plus you can plug into electricity there and I will have a kitchen for cooking needs. I was hoping to get some people to tie Friday or Saturday night around the fire with a drink or two. And if I can arrange it, I am hoping to bring a projector and show some fly movies up against the side of my rv.

David Lee
02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
You boys have obviously never tyed outdoors before ..... :evil:

David :P :P :P

JerryInLodi
02-24-2008, 09:22 AM
Ah, David, how wrong you are. [-X I even have a tiny vice with a wood screw for a base. It was designed by a friend of mine to be screwed into a log or piece of wood streamside. Along with it I carried enough dubbing, hackle, hooks and thread to tie nymphs down to size 20 and up to size 12. When I used to tromp the Sierra streams I used it quite frequently. The flies were not shadow box material but were fine for catching fish.

However, you're right. The wind can howl on the delta making not just fly tying but fishing impossible. Hopefully the fish gods will be merciful. #-o

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Good Jerry

I think this will be the best Kiene's BB fish-out ever.

Everyone is invited so don't miss this one.

Loooking back at the messagess I guess we settled on the weekend of May 3-4, 2008.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-15-2008, 08:42 AM
We should have the best top water LMB fishing ever on this event because KD says that may is his favorite month for it.

We will have to set a time for the lunch break on Saturday if we haven't already done that some where back in these posts.

I'm really looking forward to this one...........

Scott V
04-15-2008, 09:00 AM
I might be the only one wanting something like this, but it would be cool if we could get some custom stitched fishing shirts with the date and location of this event, maybe even a bass hitting a top water bug. Just a thought.

JerryInLodi
04-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Bill, I suggested from 1 to 3 for lunch since that is usually the hottest and sometimes the windiest time of the day. As I said before, I'd be willing to tie some foam popper flies and Leo can show how to make furled leaders. They really make the fly turn over.

Hopefully others can join in with their favorite, knots, patterns, etc.

I hope someone plans on firing up a barbecue. Last year I brought some Johnsonville Brats and they worked good with some condiments on a bun!

Scott V
04-15-2008, 02:09 PM
No need for a b-b-q, some just needs to bring briquettes and we can use the b-b-q in the area by my rv, or if someone wants they can still bring a b-b-q. I will also have at least 2 tables out and I will bring what chairs I have, but people should bring their own chair. We can use the rv to prep the food for cooking, plus my rv has an oven, stove, and microwave.

I would love to see you tie up some poppers and I am still having a hard time making the furled leaders so I look foward to seeing Leo make leaders.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Great Jerry

Just got some info on that Saturday, May 3rd from KD. He said noon till 3pm would be a good down time for our group after looking at the tides.

Officially we will be cooking and socializing from noon till 3pm at Lundborg's.

By then the Delta should be prime.......yahoooooo!

Phil Synhorst
04-16-2008, 07:51 PM
Bill, I didn't notice in the others posts if there is an official sign up, or if this is just a come out and have fun event. :?: If it's a sign up, count me in if it's not too late. As for the b.b.q. is it safe to assume that's going to be a pot luck deal?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Hi Phil

I think it will be just casual and everyone is very welcome.

We should have a ad-lived potluck around 1:00pm.

Some will just make it for that Saturday, May 3rd.

Some might over night one or two nights?

You can sleep in you pickup or SUV or van.

Some brought tents.

Scott has this big hunk-en motor-home..........

It should be great fun and maybe we will have some good fishing too.

At least it won't be over 100 degrees this time.

Mike Churchill
04-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I intend to be there both days.

To anyone lacking a watercraft (or who wants to cover more water than they can by kicking): I have an open seat each day in my 12-foot Gregor.
I plan on fishing the edges of Frank's Tract, Piper and Sandmound sloughs.

Mike

JerryInLodi
04-18-2008, 09:56 PM
It looks like the delta's finally broken the 60 degree level in almost every corner, some water measuring as high as 64 degrees. Some strong winds on the weekend may drop the surface temperature a degree or so but it definately looks like the delta is moving into its spring phase with the water a good green color.

Top notch, topwater action is only a week or so away. Look's like you've dialed in a winner this time Bill. Unless it's blowing a hurricane, there's plenty of sheltered water around Lundborg's for tubing, pontoon boats, kayaks, etc.

This may end up being the first of a long series of May 1st annual events.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-24-2008, 09:06 AM
The 10 day weather forecast for Bethel Island is 69 to 85 degrees so the bass outing should be a good one. Mostly in the 70s.

May 3rd, Saturday says 72 degrees at Lundborg's!!!!!!!

Better start sharpening those hooks.

I still gotta get a 2008 fishing license.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Next weekend is our Kiene's BB Bass outing @ Lundborg's Marina on Bethel Island.

I'm getting prepared this weekend so I'm ready for 'em.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
04-27-2008, 10:51 PM
We should be having a big "unorganized" potluck/group barbeque from noon till 3pm on Saturday at Lundborg's.

Everyone is invited to this weekend fish-out.

Scott V
04-28-2008, 10:41 AM
Latest weather report for Bethel Island starting with Friday is 78, 80 on Saturday and 82 on Sunday. It is going to be nice. Don;t forget the sun tan lotion.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-02-2008, 08:34 PM
If we all take some digital pictures we can have Eugene Graham set up photos of the event on our Kiene's Gallery.

Richard
05-04-2008, 05:49 PM
I hope that everyone had as good a time as I did, even with the WIND \:D/

Here is my photo of the one that didn't get away (23"). :D http://www.usfca.edu/fac-staff/davisr/Delta%205-3.jpg

JerryInLodi
05-05-2008, 06:56 AM
It was good seeing everyone this weekend. Sorry the delta was such an iceberg! The BBQ was fun on Saturday and it's nice to put faces to names.

Leo and I headed across the San Joaquin and fished just inside Potato Slough for about 40 minutes and then called it quits. We both felt that the afternoon fishing would pick up but didn't want to hang around the two hours that it would take for the fish to possibly wake up.

I hope the fishing was better in the afternoon for those that gave it a go!

Ed Wahl
05-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Jerry, in the afternoon the bite improved 100%. I went from 0 to 1. :D It was fun a fun and educational trip. I found my little skunk remover back behind some docks, right next to a rocky bank. Barely enough room back there to get the pram in and out.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/bugfestmay08005.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/bugfestmay08004.jpg

kept seeing these characters sneaking around the tules.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/bugfestmay08001.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/edfish333/bugfestmay08003.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Eugene and I did our share of casting but didn't move a fish.

We will blame it on cold water (low 60s)..........nobody did a lot but some did get a little action.

It was really nice out there except for the wind.

The 'Noon to 3pm' part of the trip was really fun.

We had plenty of food and a nice group of people. We had 3 great gals too, pretty cool.

Jerry N and Leo G were promoting the twisted leaders which was a big hit.

Jerry put on a great demo on making super looking bass bugs from shower sandals and chicken feathers. Jerry gave me one to try so I will give it a good workout at Kelsey Bass Ranch on Thursday/Friday.

People compared notes on everything and we had a nice armada of floating craft.

Eugene and others took a ton of photos so I know we will get them up soon.

fishngy
05-05-2008, 10:09 AM
I had a wonderful time meeting everyone. I know it was going to be a long morning after getting struck on the ramp! Thanks for pulling me out Phil. Mike, I need a bigger motor to run with you, but the lawn mower engine will get the job done for now. Where did you get the electric motor mount again? The flip flop bugs are great and going to make a few. Thanks for the lesson Jerry. Hope to see everyone around in the future. I will post some pictures later. Bill

Scott V
05-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Despite the wind, the murky cold water, I was able to scrape 1 fish on top water at 7:30 in the morning. I am glad I got mine early because there was nothing for me the rest of the day.

As for everything else, I personally had a blast, the lunch get together was a huge success, with hot dogs, sausage, bratwurst, Ed's delicious steak on a stick, chicken, pasta salad, let's just say there was alot of food. We had poppers being made, twisted leaders being twisted. Lots of knowledge being exchanged, and just a good ol' time for everyone. I feel for all those that did not make it, you missed a great time.

After fishing had a good little crowd hang out at the rv and b.s. into the late night with plenty of drinking, I personally ran out of goldschlagger by 10, that won't happen again.

Thanks to everyone that showed up, it was awesome and I can't wait for the next get together.

A beautiful start to a beautiful day and one of the reasons I fish
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0188.jpg

My fish on top water
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0192.jpg

I'll be nice and won't say who got this fishngy's truck stuck on the boat ramp
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/PsychoZ/IMGP0194.jpg

Richard
05-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Nice fish Scott!!

I caught mine at 8 AM and an hour later the wind began to kick up. After that NADA. We should have started the party three hours earlier. :D :D

fishngy
05-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok at least my truck looks good in the picture!
Here are some pictures....
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0048.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0043.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0047.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0046.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0045.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh319/fishngy/IMG_0044.jpg

JerryInLodi
05-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Who is that fat old man at the table?

Mrs.Finsallaround
05-05-2008, 06:02 PM
Well, we arrived on the scene around 7 am on Saturday. We picked up Jordan and took off to find some fish. NOT! All our little boat caught was a tiny LMB and a 2.5 lb stripe. Although, I felt much better after having caught them! 8)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f97/Tggr514/Lundborg5-03-08.jpg

The camera's clock is off by about an hour, so this was around 11 am.

We gave up around 12:30 and headed in for lunch, which was quite a feast. LOVED the shishkabobs Ed! And, those flip-flop poppers are somethin' else Jerry... The party was crashed by Sara, who recently began fly-casting lessons at UC Davis after having bought her whole set-up at Kiene's the week or so before. She seemed to enjoy the scene, and I have to say, it was nice to have a fellow female fly-fisher around! :D Paul and I took her back out with us in the afternoon, and she learned how much work it is to cast for stripers in the 20+ mph wind! I caught a really dinky dink out in Franks. Despite not having found a fish, she said she enjoyed herself and thanked us many times for taking her out. Hopefully, she'll continue fly-fishing for many years to come, even if she does prefer trout to stripes! :P

Phil Synhorst
05-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Hey Everyone, despite the fishing I had a great time. It was good to see some familiar faces, and meet a whole bunch of new ones. David and Candida, you guys had the right idea bailing on the fishing, but you missed a good get together at lunch :( . Much thanks to Scott for his hospitality at the "Megalith", and to Bill for securing my boat when it got away(guess we're even) :lol: . I'm going to try to post my pics, hope I can get it to work.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2343.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2342.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2341.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2344.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2345.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2346.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2347.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2348.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2349.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2350.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2351.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2352.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2353.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2354.jpg

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh149/strider_69/100_2355.jpg

Sorry about the size on the pics, thought I resized them but guess not.

Ed Wahl
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice batch of pics Phil. Captured the feel of the day pretty nicely. Sized just right for the board. Ed

Mrs.Finsallaround
05-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Great pics Phil! LOVE the sunrise.... 8)

Yeah, should have said in my earlier post, we sure missed you at lunch David and Candida. Hope all is well...

Phil Synhorst
05-10-2008, 10:33 AM
??????? Very strange, when I first posted the pics they were gigantic. I went back later into Photobucket and resized again, it must resize any links as well. Also, my camera dates things like the military and most the rest of the world, d/m/yr.

David Lee
05-11-2008, 08:54 AM
...... we sure missed you at lunch David and Candida. Hope all is well...

Sorry 'bout that , Robin !

I hit it at 5:40 AM , after not enough sleep :lol: . I was finished around 7:30 , never rose a single fish (unheard of , in all the times I've done Piper Slough - I ALWAYS catch something there in the pre-dawn ...) .

We had breakfast , and were cross-eyed tired , so we beat feet home to soft beds 8) 8) 8)

Had a great time seeing Sturmer and Jerry , got to visit w/ long-time friend Lee S. and his lovely G.F. Susan (what a great gal !!) , spent not nearly enough time BSing w/ Richard (thanks for the anchor loan !!) , and tore it up w/ Scott and Phil 'till the wee hours - thanks for the chatters and hospitality fellas !! Nice camping next to/meeting David out there , really nice fellow !!

I must add that it was fun seeing the FLEET going out as I came in ..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: you boys need to get up earlier :P

David :D

JerryInLodi
05-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Just to let everyone know, the water has FINALLY warmed enough to produce some top water action, both morning and night. Not red hot yet but very acceptable. I've found the water the warmest, along with the most action, on the east side of the delta. Sturmer and his buddy Larry Lee did well on Friday. See the post under Kelsey Bass Ranch.

Dave4622
05-16-2008, 05:26 AM
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed meeting David Lee, his wife, Scott , Jerry ,Richard and those who were there Friday evening. I had to leave Saturday morning ( got blown off the water with those winds) but first I did pick up my first LMB on a top water bug, A special thank you to David Lee for the bug. A lot of great folks were there.
David

lee s.
05-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Sorry about the lateness of the post but we are REALLY tied up with the hay season right now. We have been snooping and enjoying all the post but not returning any. Here is our pic of one of our top-water fish from Sat at the outing. Which, by the way, was GRANDLY enjoyed by Susan and I.
Thanks Bill!!!
.....lee s.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/leesoares/IMG_0823.jpg

Bill Kiene semi-retired
05-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks Lee

It was our best outting ever, even if the fishing was a little off.

Ed Wahl
05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey Lee, I caught my one and only back behind the docks also, a little warmer and calmer back there.

Now get back to work, driver. :lol: Ed