PDA

View Full Version : Sage VT2 custom made with upgraded hardware----SOLD----

eemoshe
12-18-2007, 09:49 PM
I have a cutom made rod that features the following. The Rod has a higher grade reel seat on it than the factory rod. The factory rod normally has alum. skeletal with a plain wood insert on it. This has the Struble U20 nickel silver with a Burl Madrone insert on it. This is the higher grade reel seat that is found now only on the TCR rods. The nickel silver reel seat on the new Z-Axis rods is a off shore from China. This one is USA made. Sage has gradually gone away from Struble and only the TCR, VT2 and the TXL have Struble reel seats on them. All the rest if its a nickel silver with wood and all of there saltwater reel seats are now all knock offs of Strubels and made in China. I guess a sign of the times in saving money by Sage.
The guides are Hopkins and Holloway stainless steel snakes with a Titanium platting on them which is one of the hardest materials on guides. It creates a smoother, slicker finish for I think better line speed. The stripper guides are a Fuji SIC insert guide. The SIC stands for Silicone Carbide which is much harder than the standard strippers Sage uses with a ceramic insert. The SIC is harder, transmits heat from friction of the line better and will not freeze or ice up at 32 deg. like a standard ceramic insert will. Just a much better guide system than on a factory VT2 rod. This rod has been used less than 10 times. About 20 hours worth of fishing. Factory warranty on the blank for the lifetime, and lifetime warranty on the labor. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have the tube with internal rod sock. I am willing to sell a reel and line (in great shape) to make a package deal….300 or best offer for the rod…I live in Reno but travel to San Jose frequently so I can meet anywhere in between. 775-786-0591 or eemoshe@gmail.com[/u]

Hairstacker
12-19-2007, 01:40 AM
What weight rod is it?

eemoshe
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
5wt 4pc