PDA

View Full Version : Computer Question NNF

Jay Murakoshi
12-14-2007, 11:51 PM
It looks like I can't post a message in the video section.
Here's my question.... For the Apple/PC users...

I'm in the process of making up our new PP for the upcoming show year and I'm trying to install a short Quicktime movie at the end. I have the latest version of QT on my PC.

Now, on my website, I have a short Quick time movie that works on my PC and others who have viewed it. But now, I'm carried over the QT clip to a slide and it plays on the Mac but not the PC

Here's the error I'm reading in the PP slide:

QT & a H264 decompressor is needed to see this picture. What the heck are they talking about? The only decompressor I know is the one they use for skin divers.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm pulling out my hair :x

Thanks

Jay

Darian
12-15-2007, 02:08 PM
Kinda sounds like you're trying to undue the bends.... :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I'm not a techie, Jay, but, I think the error message is trying to tell you that you need some decompression software to display the image(s). Apparently, you've completed an operation that compressed the files for archival/storage. Now you need to decompress/expand those files for display purposes.... 8) Hopefully, someone else out there can explain it better than I. 8) 8)

Jay Murakoshi
12-15-2007, 02:57 PM
Darian,

Thanks, I've been sitting here trying to figure this thing out. I worked on it until 3am this morning and been on the computer since 9am. I'm now making a short quick time.mov to place on my web site. I've already tried it and know it works. Just trying to figure out how to fill the screen like the baja clip. You should get a sneak preview of Bass Blast later tonight

:oops: Jay