PDA

View Full Version : Fishing with Merle Haggard on the Trinity!

Frank Pipgras
12-12-2007, 08:23 AM
He was not actually in the drift boat with me but if you drift thru Poker Bar like I did on Monday it can be a bit unusual. We see a big new house with a couple of new guest houses and then the music hits us. A guy is fishing in a drift boat adjacent to his new house. He has an uprite skiff with a big screen TV and speakers facing the run. He had it on an XM country station that was playing honky tonk. Our guide said he drifted thru on Sunday and he had NFL football on the tube. It was not your river Zen experience but it was pretty funny. He seemed like a nice guy. He had about five rods in his boat, spinning, pulling plugs and fly fishing with not much success. Apparently as the story goes, his wife hit the lotto 2-3 years ago and they started spending.

slim
12-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I heard that Hoss used to do a little singing and sold a few records too. Just sayin'....
slim

Ed Wahl
12-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I like it. =D> Ed

Alastair
12-20-2007, 01:53 AM
The real Merle Haggard does live in Palo Cedro, outside of Redding, Ca. I have a good friend who lives right next door to his property. My friend says he's just kind of a crotchety old fart. I suppose when you get to the status of living legend you can just be yourself and not give a hoot about what people think. I wouldn't know about that. I'm just supposin'.