PDA

View Full Version : Been a might stormy up north

OregonSalmon
12-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Ma Nature showed what sinners we are on the North Coast of Oregon last week. The bitch beat us down like a nun on pms. The sticks whacking our collective knuckles were not rulers but trees!!! Word is peak gusts in the 120 range and sustained winds for two and a half days in the 50's. It was hurricane force winds that did not want to go away. Sixty hours of that with no power made Jack a dull boy. Power finally came on yesterday evening to which I was amazed. I felt like I was emerging from a cave and seeing the moon for the first time. I screeched like a howling monkey, scratched my ass, and did the dishes. Still have yet to shower for the last time I got into the tub the water was really cold and my mind remains dented from the abuse. It wasn't waterboarding but it still qualified as torture.

Had to go on vegan diet of beer and Copenhagen. The five days of that process have led me to dementia of a positive sort. Had time to meet my new neighbor, a good Catholic girl, who's ass I now covet. Since the power is on and the sun is out I've been kicked to the curb once again so I will obey that Commandent. In my bibilical defense, it is a nice ass and very warm. I'll keep my sinning for the stream.

As always, I have a moral or a lesson or a non-sensical conclusion to my diatribe: when you see someone who is going to ride out a hurricane...THEY ARE IDIOTS!!!!

gryhackl
12-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Galen
We got just the southern tail end of your storm up there this week. We need the water and snow badly though. Folsom Lake is very low with a 5 mph speed limit since September (if you can find a launching area where you can reach the water) and the American has been running at 1200 cfs.

SteelieD
12-09-2007, 06:15 PM
"My" river fishes comfortably at around 2000 cfs. Last week it peaked at about 32,000! It's been a might nutty around here. Flows are coming back onto shape though so I think it's time to head back out for steel!