PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Education Fair..............

k.hanley
12-06-2007, 02:48 PM
I posted this on another site and thought it would fit here as well.......

I'd like to extend an ivitation to the board community to attend our environmental education fair in January.

Check out our website at www.baeerfair.org

I have been the coordinator since 1985. It would be my pleasure to have you folks at the show. If any flyfishing clubs want to contact me about exhibiting your classroom projects, or conservation field work, please don't hesitate to ask. (I've sent invitations to the NorCal Clubs every year since 1985... not one has taken up the offer yet. I'm puzzled about that????? :cry: ).
Cheers, Ken
kenpacx@yahoo.com

Ed Wahl
12-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Ken, I think the reason ff clubs have'nt responded is it seems to be more of a school thing. Remember buddy, we're a bunch of old geezers :D. Keep it up, these things were never even considered when I was growing up in the midwest. I saw a neighborhood paper from my hometown in Illinois a couple of years ago, they were teaching the city kids what I had known about the Kankakee river all along. In the photos they took I noticed all the fishing poles were fly rods. Go figure. Ed

Mrs.Finsallaround
12-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I am a member of Granite Bay Flycasters, and we have a meeting next week. I will take this post with me for presentation...

After the recent Prospect Island fish kill, I am seriously considering trying to set up some kind of Emergency Fish Rescue Team (EFRT? LOL.) through my club. Anyone else interested out there? Let me know!

Thanks!

k.hanley
12-06-2007, 06:37 PM
ED........
"School thing" is exactly correct. Children are our legacy. They desrve all the skills and knowledge to ultimately become better than us. Better stewards. Partner I always appreciate your spirit and support.

Robin............
When you talk to the club members be sure they understand it isn't a "sportsmen's expo" type experience. They would be doing it to promote good citizenship practices of being involved with wildlife and habitat conservation (not necessarily seeking membership into Granite Bay FF). Thank you for being so kind to bring the message to your club.
Cheers, Ken

k.hanley
12-10-2007, 08:13 AM
Say Hey Robin,
This past weekend I had a meeting with the youth & conservation director of Mission Peak Flyfishers. They are going to take the lead on organizing the display. I requested that they coordinate an effort to present the "Trout in the Classroom" program. Let me know if your club wants to join in this coop exhibit. Thanks again for your personal interest in our show.
Cheers, Ken

Mrs.Finsallaround
12-10-2007, 09:46 AM
Sure, I'd be happy to. Our meeting is this Thursday night, and we do have a classroom program for salmon eggs/fry. Is it ok if it's not trout?

I'll see if they'd be interested in exhibiting.... 8)

k.hanley
12-10-2007, 11:18 AM
If they are interested have them contact me directly. I'll fill them in on details. Thanks. :P
Cheers, Ken
kenpacx@yahoo.com

Anne Vitale
12-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Kenny....I have forwarded your notice to our (GWWF) Trout in the Classroom project coordinator (Annette T.) and our Conservation Chairperson (Cindy C.) and encouraged them to get in touch with you and to get involved.

Good luck with your project. Let me know if I can be of any direct help with this....Anne

k.hanley
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
Well done. Annie thank you for spreading the message! At this point please have them contact Ken Brunskill (Mission Peak Fly Anglers). He has graciously accepted the position to coordinate the TIC exhibit space.
Cheers, Ken
PS: Ken's email is... steamntrout@comcast.net