PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Chico

Ryan
12-06-2007, 12:47 AM
Hey everyone... I'm Going to be moving to Chico this coming weekend for school next semester... so I have two months before school to get some serious fishing in and really learn the area... I don't really know many people in the area so anyone who knows their stuff on some of the smaller more local waters willing to show me some areas, I will make it worth while with trips down the Lower Sac in my boat or the Feather or whatever... I'd like to learn the drift on the Feathers upper part of the High flow... I'm also interested in Striper fishing the lower Feather and Sac... I have a 6 hourse for the striper fishing... Anyways I'm gunna be up there and would like to meet some people into fly fishing... I actualey like rowing more than fishing so that makes me a pretty good fishin buddy... lol so write me or give me an email if anyone wants to share some local knowlege!

Hogan Brown
12-06-2007, 06:58 AM
Good choice of school and a place to live if you like to fish. Go to any of the fly shops in town and you will meet tons of people early to mid 20's. Fish first: Kevin, James. Chico Fly Shop: Nick, John, etc. TONS of fishing here and a lot of "young"people that fish.

Adam Grace
12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
When you get up here we should go fishing.

SteelieD
12-06-2007, 09:19 AM
From a Chico grad... GREAT choice! There are a few Chico folks here on the board. You could do worse than fishing with Adam! Take him up on it!

jhaquett
12-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I think I'm the "worse" that SteelieD is talking about but I still know a few places...

All I really fish this time of year is Baum Lake, Trinity, and maybe the Upper Sac.

I'll go to Big Chico Creek or Butte Creek if I'm really bored though and I know a really great way to access Big Chico.

If you're interested in Big Chico let me know, otherwise when trout season starts up again send me a message and we'll head up to the mountains. 8)

Gregg
12-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Definitley hit up Adam in Chico...he'll show you the mystical sucker spot on Butte! You'll never steelhead fish again!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: