PDA

View Full Version : Something new to be thankful for

Scott V
11-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanksgiving morning Eric and I headed back out to the American for a little fishing, we also meet up with Charles, a very nice guy. So after we started at the Log Hole, which turns out I took us to the wrong spot, we should have gone upstream not down stream "you were right Eric, my bad". So afterwards we headed to Watt and the "secret spot" :lol: where the fishing was slow but I am proud to say I caught my first true wild steelie. What a fight that little fish put up, it was ony about 17 or so inches but it fought harder than any of the hatchery steelies I have caught and what a jumper. So on Thanksgiving Day I got my first wild steelie, thank you to the fish gods.

jlmelend
11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Scott V - nice going! Good to hear your waders dried out from Erhetta's catch. Any pix?
Joe

Scott V
11-26-2007, 10:47 AM
No pics, but I will have a picture in my head for life. Yeah the waders dried out and even better 2 days later my phone came back to life and works perfectly. Which is a good thing because I was not looking forward to having to replace it.

charles
11-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Scott,
That was a nice wild halfpounder. My time is coming soon :cry: . Fished the "secrest spot" Sunday morning for "Church before Church." I fished the "hole" with no action for about an hour and a half.

Thanks go out to Eric and Scott, for sharing the water and some tacktics with me on Thurs. That was the first time I have ever seen anyone with a halfpounder on. Fishing was great way to prepare for the Thankgiving feast that came later :D .

Scott V
11-27-2007, 10:18 AM
I will be back out on Sunday morning if you can make it, I will of course be at the "secret spot" before the sun comes up. Hopefully I can show you another pretty fish and even better yet show you one on your fly rod.