PDA

View Full Version : Berny Weston will be tying at Kiene's.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-20-2007, 10:36 PM
..........Fly Shop on Saturday, December 8, 2007.

He will be at the shop from 10:00am on demoing his free wheeling Nor-Vise.

Berny is a really top fly tier and will be at the shop to answer questions and show us how to tie very nice patterns.

http://www.nor-vise.com/

http://www.nor-vise.com/aboutus/aboutus_09.jpg

Norm Norlander, owner of Nor-Vise.

Scott V
11-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Too cool, I was thinking of getting a Nor-Vise after the first of the year and I can not wait to see him tie. Keep them coming Bill.

SteelieD
11-21-2007, 09:18 AM
I've seen Norm tie. Watching someone that is really proficient with that Nor-Vise is pretty amazing.

erhetta
11-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I am going to try to make it. I have a Toy-Run to do first, but will probably swing over after....

Jay Murakoshi
11-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey Scott,

If you do decide to pick up a Nor-Vise, I would recommend the "new" extended Nor-Vise. Norm sorta/kinda designed the vise after looking at my Nor-Vise set up for a number of years at the shows. He's a great person and backs his products 100%,
I tie with the vise a few inches from my knees and on an extension arm so it's away from the table. I've used the vise for 3 1/2 years now but I also tie on my Renzetti Master.

Wish I could make it up to Sac but I have to go to my grand daughters dance program in SF.

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-04-2007, 09:47 AM
This would be a good time for anyone to see a Nor-Vise in action.

It is this next Saturday, Dec 8th.

Jay Murakoshi
12-12-2007, 08:58 PM
If I"m not mistaken, I think Bill is going to stock a couple Nor-Vises and also the bobbin kits. I think once you use the bobbins, you won't go back to a standard bobbin.
I might even drop by the shop for a fly demo on the Nor-vise.
Don't forget, I also use the Renzetti both great vises.

Jay

Darian
12-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I stopped by the shop to see the demo.... Norm was not the tier, of course, but the person doing the tying was a great guy, very competent and taught me a couple of tricks for tying some bead-head nymphs in sizes down to size 18 (....almost can't seeum :lol: :lol:). Altho he wasn't tying the sizes I accustomed to, the demo convinced me that the Nor-Vice is one of the most versatile vices made. The vice shines where tying flies in the round (like Woolybuggers for example) I would say that it's overkill and requires too much changing of parts, etc., for small Trout flies but you won't be disappointed by it's capabilities. :D :D

As Jay pointed out, the bobbin is really something. I gotta get one of those. :D :D