PDA

View Full Version : With Christmas coming upon us!?

loganmike
11-15-2007, 11:16 PM
So, with Christmas coming upon us I am faced with a daunting challenge, deciding what to write down on my want list! What do you put on YOUR WANT LIST???

Right now it is between
1.new waders.

Although the old hodgemans don't leak yet, they are close, 50 bucks can only get you through 5 years, right?

2. A spey rod, suggestions would be great. Obviously not the 1000 dollar ones, but I am thinking 7 wt 14 ft? I alreaddy have a 9 ft 8 wt??

3. float tube or pontoon boat

4. wading jacket

5. new fly boxes, travel bag for gear and the like, and fly tieing kit

I have obviously thought about these things and would get equal use out of all of them. I am leaning away from the waders as mine MAY get one more year? Who knows, that is ALWAYS soemthing i NEED to get so can pick up when the time needs, but what d'ya think about the others?

So far, old foam boxes, thinking about the system X fly boxes, 3 wt, 5 wt, and 8 wt in the quiver. No boat of any kind, no spey of any kind, and a suitcase>

me

Rob
11-18-2007, 11:56 AM
If you get # 2 , be sure to hook up with Jeff P. It will be worth evey penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have some big water there and a spey rod would be fun . Also they sometimes ( ? ) have a get together at Watt ave bridge and you can try some of the spey rods that the reps bring . I may get a spey rod for the Logan :wink: , i wouldn't even have to cast it .

A pontoon boat would be great , you have some good rivers to float , the Yuba , the American , Lower Sacramento , the feather . We really injoyed floating the Yuba river , they use to have a shuttle service at sycamore campground that worked great , but i understand they are no longer doing that , so you will need two vehicles . I wish we had floated the Lower Sacramento , before we moved .

Take Care -
UtahRob .

Gornzorn
11-18-2007, 01:49 PM
The adult Christmas list. Hmmm. Sounds like the waders is your best option as it sounds like something you'll need later. I'd recommend the Simms. I just moved from Hodgeman Wadelight to the simms waders, the lighter kind and the freestone boots. So far i'm pretty happy. They feel really sturdy.

After my family gave me money for my B-day instead of fishing gear, my hopes are down for getting an actual fishing gift. My parents and sister obviously don't share my passion, but come on I have three fly fhops in the area. How about a gift certificate??
On the Christmas list i'll probably have a skagit head for the FLI 8140 or gift certificate. Maybe I'll ask for a guided trip on a river by (x) guide??

Good luck on your list.
Frank.

SteelieD
11-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Digital SLR

or maybe a spey.... :? :? :?

Gornzorn
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
Derek,
I know what you shouldn't ask for, tying materials! Ha! Ya, you need a spey, and when you get one me and you need to take a class from Aaron or Mike Kenny.
I'll see you in a bit bud.
Frank.

SuperFlyGuy
11-26-2007, 01:39 PM
1 waterproof camera.
2 new fishpond vest
3 JP's new casting DVD's