PDA

View Full Version : Hosting My first Seminar

TaylerW
11-14-2007, 01:59 PM
any words of wisdom? the topic is winter steelhead flyfishing

Darian
11-14-2007, 09:46 PM
From someone who ha had to make a few of those,.... Preparation, preparation, preparation. :) :) :) Really only one thing to remember during the presentation. It's never necessary to be nervous. Nobody on the audience wants you to fail. SOooo, relax and have some fun. :D :D :D

TaylerW
11-14-2007, 10:39 PM
butterflies..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

k.hanley
11-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Congrats LS. If I remember correctly, you started flyfishing about two years ago. Who is your audience? Where are you speaking? How long of a presentation do you have? What is expected from you (by the organization providing the speaking platform)?

Darian gave you some solid advice. Here's a few more points I've made a career with....

1. Always respect your audience
2. Have fun! It's just fishing.
3. Provide solid information or don't accept the job.

Anyway I wish you the best. Let us know how you did.
Cheers, Ken

TaylerW
11-15-2007, 09:20 AM
the audience is acrowd at Joes, whic h is where i work, and i am speaking in an area on the floor that seminars are held in. the presentation is supposed to be right around an hour. my goal is to convey information to the customer that will not only boost their success, but also their knowledge.
thanks for the great tips,
tayler

k.hanley
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a good opportunity for you.

The Portland FF Show was postponed this year, so Jay and I will see you and your Dad next time around buddy. Unless you guys decide to take the drive up to Seattle for the other show.
Cheers, Ken

nrthcsteel
11-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Hey Little Striper. Congratulations on your presentation. You shouldnt have a problem covering an hour on winter steelheading. Between different types of gear,setups,lines flies etc. etc.... Im sure you may already be thinking of covering this but I think it would be good to inform the people on the importance of proper landing,handling,reviving and releasing of fish. Good luck on your presentation and have fun with it. Let us know how it turns out. Kevin

TaylerW
11-15-2007, 10:32 PM
it turned out great, there were about 12 people there, not as many asi had hoped, but our corporate reviewer came and said i did a good job.