PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fishing the American?

WinterrunRon
11-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I can't leave town this week or next so my fishing has to be local. Any salmon or steelhead in the river worth going after? Anyone fished it lately (below the powerlines, of course)?

Jeff C.
11-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I fished all 3 days this past weekend on the A. and it was dismally slow. I only ended up catching a few smolts. I'm ready for the snow to start falling so I can go snowboarding!

Scott V
11-14-2007, 08:38 AM
Last Thursday evening I had 2 on, nothing of size but they are there, just not in numbers for me.

charles
11-14-2007, 09:05 AM
I have yet to catch a halfpounder on the American, but I refuse to give up.

I heading out to the American on Friday evening if anyone wants to join me.

WinterrunRon
11-14-2007, 09:44 AM
I really don't want to steel wool the rust off the golf clubs, but you guys aren't given me much incentive. :(

Scott V
11-14-2007, 10:16 AM
I really don't want to steel wool the rust off the golf clubs, but you guys aren't given me much incentive. :(

There are some good size bass in the golf course ponds. Teal Bend at the 16th or 17th is an awesome pond if you have no one behind you. And the marshall is a real nice guy who doesn't mind you fishing as long as you do not hold up other players. I love a good day of bass and golf.

WinterrunRon
11-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Ummm, Scott, I'm getting the sense of desparation here. :cry: . BTW, how much are the casting fees for the ponds on that course? :D

BigOkieWhiteBoy916
11-15-2007, 09:34 PM
BTW, how much are the casting fees for the ponds on that course? :D

Don't know, but I think that every cast counts as a stroke :D

Hairstacker
11-16-2007, 12:17 AM
Don't know, but I think that every cast counts as a stroke
:lol:

markem8
11-19-2007, 08:32 AM
I fished the American on Saturday and it seemed to be fishing fairly well. I landed a HP and had another fish take me to my backing before it LDRed. I took a couple of pictures of the HP (not great shots, all I had was my camera phone). A guy in a drift boat near me also picked up a couple of nice steelies on roe.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n147/MarkEM8/Picture042.jpg
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n147/MarkEM8/Picture041.jpg

Mike Stroud
11-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I was out with a guide on Saturday, fishing for salmon. Not a single roll, no nothing. Sunday improved my spirits with the landing of a hp and a few smolt. The mornings have been beautiful though, with the early morning fog, everything covered in dew and no sign of fair weather fisherman... ahh... winter steelheading....

Flycanoe
11-20-2007, 08:42 AM
Well guys, I'm gonna fish the lower American for the first time this Thanksgiving weekend while visiting relatives in Sacramento. Hope it's not too crowded. Maybe I'll see some of you on the river. Would appreciate any suggestions for a newby to the river.

Scott V
11-20-2007, 08:44 AM
Well guys, I'm gonna fish the lower American for the first time this Thanksgiving weekend while visiting relatives in Sacramento. Hope it's not too crowded. Maybe I'll see some of you on the river. Would appreciate any suggestions for a newby to the river.

What day are you fishing, I will be out there early Thanksgiving morning for a while.

Flycanoe
11-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I plan to fish Friday morning for sure and hopefully Saturday morning as well.