PDA

View Full Version : Scott S4?

slimfishin's
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Has anyone been able to play with the new Scott S4? I'm curious how they measure up to the Streamdance GLX and the Z-Axis? I've been a Scott fan for a long time and am looking for a new 5wt, but have been waiting until these came out.

None of my local shops carry them, so I'm curious if someone could give me a review.

SF

dtp916
11-12-2007, 07:20 PM
I was talking to a buddy today about them...he loves his 9'6" 6wt for steelies and Lower Sac drifts. Another buddy of mine is obsessed with them. I honestly haven't fished one, but it seems like its been getting positive feedback.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Our Scott Rep Jason Lozano brought some by and we wer able to cast some of them.

They are light and zippy.

We should have some in very soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-01-2007, 09:41 AM
We just received our first shippement of new 2008 Scott 'S4' fly rod in yesterday.

Hairstacker
12-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I haven't had a chance to cast one but I did look a few over the other day. What struck me was the buckeye burl real seat inserts on these rods -- I think they're very striking and beautiful. I know, they won't help you catch any more fish but the highly figured browns and blues on these things do give the rod a very distinctive look -- you won't mistake them for any other rod series by anyone. 8)