PDA

View Full Version : Mayan King (Tarpon)

k.hanley
11-11-2007, 02:17 PM
I thought you folks would enjoy our latest video clip. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQLzR6GW0Jg
Cheers, Ken

Anne Vitale
11-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Ohhh man, Kenny! What did you have to go ahead and post that video for? [-X Now I won't be able to sleep at night dreaming of the trip I booked with you and the folks at Angeling on the Fly for next summer. Do you know how long that is from now? Sheesh !!! 8-[

By the way....I won a Sage Xi2 890-4 fly rod at the Striperfest. Do you think that will work down there?..........Anne

Adam Grace
11-11-2007, 03:21 PM
That's a cool video Ken!

Back country Tarpon fishing is awesome!

k.hanley
11-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Say Hey Annie,
Next summer is just around the corner. I'm sure the anticipation is part of the experience!!! :lol: It will be a pleasure sharing the waters with you and the group.

Congrats on the Xi2. That rod will be an excellent outfit for the smaller tarpon. Be sure to also bring your 10-weight or heavier for the larger action. Keith has a fine pre-trip packet outlining all the tackle details. His new website also has gear recommendations listed.
Cheers, Kenny

Say Adam it's a great game for sure.
Cheers, K.

Anne Vitale
11-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Kenny....I'm afraid your "anticipation is part of the experience" remark is not very comforting. I keep going back and reviewing that video. I also have a copy of the video Keith gave me the last time I was at the shop.

To appease my anxiety, I have been watching both of them closely to see what flies you have in your box and how you are fighting the fish. I have some experience with baby tarpon and at least one adult down in Honduras from a trip I took with your partner, Jay a couple of year ago.

I notice from Keith's planning guide that he mentions your Mayan Warrior fly. I am unfamiliar with it. Is it available commercially (Kiene's shop)? Do you have a picture of it that you are willing to post?

Oh...About that 10wt. I have a real nice T &T 10wt that is already tarpon trained. It is already packed for the trip along with my shorts and sun screen. One never knows how fast next summer might sneak up on one. :D Thanks for heading up this on-the-water training for us.......Annie

k.hanley
11-12-2007, 01:59 PM
It was featured in the Mayan King video clip.

Here's a link for a pic of the fly pattern: http://www.kiene.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=7380

That link takes you to the tying section on Bill's website. Enjoy!

I'll be demo tying the fly at the shows this season (Kiene's Fair on April 19th included).
Cheers, K 8)