PDA

View Full Version : Remember it's Veterans day

sculpin
11-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Remember folks today is Veterans Day. I propose a toast to all who have served our Country.

Mark

Bill Kiene semi-retired
11-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, our son-in-law is in the airforce stationed in Colorado Springs.

We thank them all for doing a good job protecting us.

OregonSalmon
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Amen brothers!!! To really honor the brave we should call or e-mail our representatives to fully fund the VA. We have far too many broken warriors out there who need help and cannot get it. 25% of the homeless are vets and also outpace the unemployment rate. Shame on us.

Some in power, with no empathy, believe they are toy soldiers but certainly they are not. They do need our help, on a personal level and a political level. Contact your rep, talk their ear off, hell bite their ear off if you have to so the women and men get the support they so dearly earned. I'm to the point of Mike Tyson politics: just bite their ear off, spit it on the canvass. Probably a bad idea but I'm getting a might frustrated with Veteran's Affairs issues and many others. The smart way to go is to polite and calm but what the hell....I'M A FREAKIN' IDIOT SO GO FOR THE EEEEAAAARSS!!!

Darian
11-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I wholeheartedly agree with honoring our veterans by thanking them for their sacrifices. 8) 8)

Galen, you are absolutely correct in asking for better treatment for veterans of prior wars and currently returning veterans. The lack of benefits for these returnees has been documented in the media and, as you've said, "Shame on us." :( :(

Mike McKenzie
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Well,

In honor of the United States Marine Corp's 232nd Birthday Saturday and Veterans Day yesterday I sent a couple of checks off to the Disabled American Veterans and to the Wounded Warriors Project. These folks are always in our thoughts and prayers....
Semper Fidelis

Mike

Rob
11-18-2007, 07:24 PM
I thought some of you might like to see this !!!!!!!!!

http://www.flashdemo.net/gallery/wake/index.htm