PDA

View Full Version : Help fight Siskiyou County's proposed Natural Resources Plan

L Kenney
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
For anyone who hasn't been following this, the Siskiyou County Board of Supervisors will vote Nov 13 on a Natural Resourse Plan that, among other distressing things, declare all county waters but the Klamath as non-navigable. That means no access to the riverbed or banks where the river runs through private property...... which is much of the upper Sac and other streams. The proposal is nonsense so far as the law goes and will no doubt be fought in the courts, but in the meantime it's going to cause all sorts of access problems if it goes through. And it's very likely to go through. Tom Chandler's Trout Underground blog (http://troutunderground.com/) has been a leading voice in the protest against the proposal. His website has good up-to-date information on where things stand and what we can do to help. If you value fishing the Upper Sac and McCloud, and want to keep public streams open to the public, check it out. If we're quiet about this, we're gonna lose.
Larry Kenney

Mike McKenzie
11-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Hit 'em in their pocketbooks...

Here's my statement to them..

To: Siskiyou County Supervisors
Supervisor Michael Kobseff
Supervisor Bill Overman
Supervisor LaVada Erick
Siskiyou County Clerk Colleen Setzer

With regard to the County's proposed "Natural Resources Plan" and keeping it short and to the point, simply put, if this "plan" comes to pass Siskiyou County commercial businesses will have seen the last dollar I have spent in your county, Period! As I drive the I-5 U.S. 97 corridors (which I frequently do ) I will spend my money either in Shasta County or in Oregon. Sadly I will miss the countless hours, days and weeks spent in your wonderful County pursuing both Fish and Game and just plain touring. By you folks choosing to "lock us out" I and my family and friends that we travel with, will lock out Siskiyou County..

Thank you for listening and I fervently hope sanity prevails in this most ill-conceived plan!

Michael McKenzie & Family
Valleys Springs CA.

Dustin Revel
12-02-2007, 08:20 PM
anyone know the result of all this?

Mike McKenzie
12-04-2007, 07:57 PM
As of Nov. 13th....Shakey victory for now but it ain't over yet...Here's the latest:

http://troutunderground.com/2007/11/13/our-fight-to-protect/

E-mail campaigns do seem to work (sometimes!)

Mike