PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Goal

Jay Murakoshi
11-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Have you ever had a goal and tried hard to achieve it. Well, I came up with this brain fart idea or my ultimate goal. Show season is just around the corner and remembering last year, I ran out of flies to sell at the first show.
So as I was sitting earlier this week working on the DVD, this little voice came into my head and told me I should start tying some flies for the show season. POOOOF, so I set my goals to tie up 250 dalberg type flies, 75 Koshi Diving Bill Bugs and a ungodly amount of clousers. I dropped the coin into the slot and the tying machine started. So far, I have tied up 41 dalberg style flies - only 209 to go. One thing about this feat, if I don't sell all the flies, I'll have a good supply come spring time.

A question - I'm looking for a hair stacker that I use to use (before I loaned it out). It was opened on both ends with two different diameter holes. The packer I"m using now won't go over the hook eyes. It's not a griffin packer.

Hope someone can come up with the answer

jay

JD
11-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Jay,

Not sure if this is what you were using, but Renzetti makes hair stackers somewhat like you describe: http://www.renzetti.com/home.php?cat=256.

Darian
11-05-2007, 11:01 AM
Tired of pulling the point of the hook out of the end of your fingers, are you
:?: :?:

I seem to recall someone describing using the plastic "barrel" from a retractable ball point pen as a hair packer. :? :? The hole on the tapered end can be made larger and kept dull (so as not to cut the hair) as needed by filing or sanding.... 8)

Can't think of any others.... :? :?

Jay Murakoshi
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Darian,

I've tried the end of a ball point pen casing but it cuts the hair. If I want to make a worm that would be a great tool. Just push hard and you'd have the perfect worm.

JD:

Renzetti doesn't have a hair packer just stackers. I called Lily Renzetti and talked to her for a while

Jay

Steve Potter
11-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Hi Jay
You ever try the Brassie, Chris has a bunch for sale, and you cant beat the price. 250 Dalhbergs is all season seems like alot of hair bugs but they go quick. See you at Sacramento.Steve

Jay Murakoshi
11-06-2007, 07:19 AM
Steve,

I was just thinking about you. I'll email you later today. On my way to the Forebay right now. I know, I'm a little late but had to wait for a couple other guys.

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
11-28-2007, 07:21 AM
I QUIT....for now. I have tied up 200 dalbergs and 35 diving bill bugs. Gotta find a good supplier who has GOOOOD white deer belly hair.
Anybody know a taxidermist back east?

Jay