PDA

View Full Version : Adult Steelhead run - Whatcha tying?

erhetta
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
So I am curious....

With the upcoming Adult Steelie run, what are you all tying right now in preparation?

I was thinking about leeches, segmented and non, some bigger poopah's like flycanoe showed in my other thread, and ???

Suggestions?

As a brand new tyer and steelhead angler, I not only want to build my skills, but be learning and tying the flies I will be using out there.

Thanks in advance!!!

nrthcsteel
11-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Id say certain rivers may have a fly or style of fly that "works" better. But that could be due to the fact that 90 percent of the people that fish that certain river use that fly or style of fly. I know its been said a thousand times and then some but the most important thing with steelhead flies is to have confidence in the pattern you are fishing and to make a good presentation of that fly to the fish. There are thousands and thousands of steelhead flies and they have all caught fish. If there were one hot hot steelhead fly then everyone would be using it. Have fun with it, tie up some classics and tie up some of your own creations. Fish every fly confidently and well presented and you will get some fish. Good luck and have fun tying Kevin