PDA

View Full Version : Sara Court-HELP!

charles
10-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Has anybody had any luck at Sara Court. I work just off Fair Oaks Blvd. and have fished Sara Ct. 4 times ( 3 morning, 1 evening) with no luck. I ussually use a egg pattern with a caddis dropper under an indicator. I fish the shoreside and outside seams of the run that runs along the clay bank. I have tried swinging also with no luck.
I know many will say try Watt Ave. or some other place, but those spots are not 10 mins. from my job, and I cannot fish them before work (I'm a teacer and need to be at work by 7:30).
I'm really was just wondering if I'm wasting my time there, or has any caught anything there. If you have caught something their how did you do it.
Thanks in advance for the help!
Charles

Garrett S
10-29-2007, 06:05 PM
i live right next to sara court and have not had luck lately. i would suggest going in the evening. i have been seeing fish rise a lot lately. if you have luck tell me

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Try the end of Arden Way at the "Arden Pond".

We walk around the left side of the lake and fish some of the water to the left in that big bend in the river where there is an island too.

roostersgt
10-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Charles,

Just for gigles, try an Elk Hair Caddis dry. I've caught far more steelies this year fishing dry rather than wet. You might be surprised.

Steve

millertime4
10-30-2007, 07:43 AM
I went to Sara court last week in the pm. Fished the last hour of light with no luck. Elk hair caddis and poopah patterns. Crossed the river above the clay banks (nearly slipped into the current) and fished opposite side of the island there. Not 1 hit. When I got to my car about 5 salmon fisherman who fished around me said they also had no luck and that this year for them has been horrible for them all. I was disgusted by the site of non licensed fisherman there using their snagging technique. Hope to have some authority come by that spot when these fish do decide to come in. Thanks, K.C.

Mike Stroud
10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
millertime,
Carry a large padlock with you...
Next time those boys go out a-snaggin' at Sarah Ct., pull the gate closed and drop that padlock on the gate.