PDA

View Full Version : Fall on the Upper Sacramento

Amador
10-29-2007, 07:26 AM
Sure is beautiful up there right now-

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y196/Amador01/IMG_0534.jpg

jhaquett
10-29-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm probably going to head up there this Thursday its supposed to be fishing well and its nice to see that the fall colors are out!

How far up was this picture taken?

Amador
10-29-2007, 01:04 PM
"supposed" to be fishing good...and it may be, but I fished from sun up to sundown on Saturday....nothing. Oh well, it was absoulutely beautiful up there so it was well worth the trip. This pic was taken near Mossbrae.

loganmike
10-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Amador, I hear ya on that one. i was up there all weekend and nada a fish on the upper sac. BUT, there was a full moon and this weekend made me believe that that has something to do with it!

me

Amador
10-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Amador, I hear ya on that one. i was up there all weekend and nada a fish on the upper sac. BUT, there was a full moon and this weekend made me believe that that has something to do with it!

me

I'm sorry you got blanked, but it makes me feel a little better to hear it! I was seriously doubting my skills- "am I really getting skunked on the Upper Sac....in the fall.....with insects everywhere???"

Oh well...the golfing on Sunday at the Mt. Shasta Resort was killer though!

jhaquett
10-29-2007, 03:57 PM
Yea we had a discussion about the full moon before and a lot of people don't think it effects freshwater fishing.

I only had 6 boils on Baum Lake with a crazy mayfly hatch. Its not exactly skunked but it may as well be for Baum Lake in that situation.

Lets all blame the moon for our weekend fishing woes :lol: 8)

I'm still going to head to the Upper Sac this week. I've been hearing about the lower section doing well.

Rob
11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Very nice !!!!!!!

That would look great on a wall !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D