PDA

View Full Version : New Member - Trout Art

kdangerfield
10-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Hello,

I just discovered this forum and am glad to now be a member. There is a lot of great information on this site and I'm looking forward to participating in some great discussions. I really enjoy the photography section - some great work there.

Brief Bio:
Born and raised in Salt Lake City, Utah - have fished all of my life. Went to college in Logan, Utah. My wife and I moved to Bozeman, Montana about a year and half ago. I am a professional artist and do oil paintings of trout, North American wildlife, and landscapes. And I fish every chance I get.

Since moving to Bozeman I've realized why Montana is the "Mecca" of fly-fishing in the U.S. The big name rivers (i.e. Missouri, Yellowstone, Madison, etc.) are just the beginning of what Montana has to offer. There are so many other fantastic fishing opportunities here - it's amazing.

If anyone is traveling to this area let me know and I can direct you some good information.

Here are a couple of my trout paintings - (sorry for the poor photo quality)

"Yellowstone Cutthroat"
http://www.kellydangerfield.com/images/New%20Artwork/YellowstoneCutthroat.jpg

"Rainbow and Reflection"
http://www.kellydangerfield.com/images/New%20Artwork/RainbowReflection.jpg

If you're interested in seeing more of my work - check out my website.

Scott V
10-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Welcome aboard. Those fish are very nice, but the water in the rainbow painting is unbelievable. It is always nice to see artistic skills. What is your web address, I would like to see more paintings.

kdangerfield
10-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks. Just click on the "www" icon at the bottom of my post and it will take you to my homepage.

k.hanley
10-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Fine work there Kelly. I especially enjoyed the "Yellow Lab." Was the dog your family member? I wish you the best in your art exploration and expression. Welcome aboard.
Cheers, Ken

Nip Hadlock
10-19-2007, 10:53 AM
WOW! :shock: Very nice! =D>

Adam Grace
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Welcome to the board, nice paintings.

gryhackl
10-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Wonderful work Kelly. Welcome aboard!!

Terry Thomas
10-20-2007, 09:28 AM
Kelly,
A warm welcome. My wife is also an "Aggie." Born and raised Utah girl. Lived across the university at 4th north/ 6th east.
Terry

erhetta
10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Welcome...beautiful art!

Thanks for sharing. :D