PDA

View Full Version : Foster kid gets hooked

mems
10-17-2007, 11:57 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a371/mems15/PA140107.jpg
Aloha this is Chad. We had the pleasure of having Chad stay with us last weekend. We provided respit care for his foster family. Chad said he liked to fish, but informed me, " Uncle I neva catch nothing." I took him on sautrday with my son to a couple of spots. He didn't know how to fly fish so I set him up with a spin out fit. He wanted to cast out far into the pond, but I told him the fish were at his feet. He dropped his line and it took off. After a great fight he landed a nice 3lb bonefish. He was in heaven, too bad I left the camera in the truck. The next day I took him back and he got this nice barracuda. I think he now has the fever. It was great to spend some time with him, and make a difference in his world. Mems.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-18-2007, 07:37 AM
It's amazing how many youngsters would become fishermen if someone would take them out like you have here mems.

I have 5 grandkids and the one who seems to have the most interest in fishing is the only girl we have.

http://www.kiene.com/aboutus/images/staff-billkiene-granddaughter.jpg

Darian
10-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Hey Don,.... That's a great Barracuda. The kid's converted now. Is the bridge in the background of the photo the bridge you had to go under to land the last big one :?: :?: :?:

Bill, it looks like you're thinking, how'd this kid catch a Catfish like this and all I catch is Bluegill.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Those photo's sure bring back some great memories of fishing with my son and other kids. :D :D

FISHEYE
10-18-2007, 08:51 AM
Good story Don. My son and I had some great trips this summer and he really gets into the fishing when we get into the fish. Nothing better than taking a kid fishing.

Maybe I'll have to go fish that pond the next time I come over. I think we might come in March and if we do, I'll let you know.

You guys in the t-shirts and slippers are killing me. Its cold here now and getting colder. The fall steelhead and trout fishing has been amazing (you would not believe me if I told you) but the guides freeze in the morning and the fish don't wake up until noon.
Phil

CHUCKER
10-22-2007, 06:51 AM
HELLO MEMS,
I'M COMING TO THE BIG ISLAND 10/30/07. MY NAME IS CHUCK SCHMIDT AND I'D LIKE TO GO FLY FISHING WITH SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE AREA. CAN WE GET IN TOUCH. I HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS IN HAWAII. IT IS (KINGFISH@HAWAIIANTEL.NET). I'LL BE THERE FOR A FEW MONTHS ON THE KOHALA COAST IF YOU CAN EMAIL ME WE CAN GET TOGETHER.