PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon , Jay Murakoshi !

David Lee
10-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Wishing you a fast recovery , Jay -

Get that elbow back tyin' !!

David :D

Jay Murakoshi
10-18-2007, 06:47 AM
David,

I'm going to be tying today. Too many orders to let sit and get old. Some of them are already old. I'll be ready to fish by the middle of next week.
My BP is back to normal and I'm not hurt'n. This could be a good time to relax and play some texas hold'm

Jay

Jay Murakoshi
10-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey Scott,

I should have your clousers in the mail next week. Did you want them in yellow or chartreuse

Jay

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Jay had is other elbow operated on to remove some kind of build up.

I'm sure he will be doing well in a few weeks.

Scott V
10-18-2007, 08:09 AM
Hey Scott,

I should have your clousers in the mail next week. Did you want them in yellow or chartreuse

Jay

Yellow please and 1 in grey, but do not tie if it may further the injury. I can wait for my clousers.

Jay Murakoshi
10-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I'm ready to go fishing. The elbow is fine, no pain, no problems. I'm the type of person that can't sit around. Gotta be doing something all the time.

One question, how do you get rid of hiccups. I drank a triple shot with one shot of coffee. Never had hiccups before. Some say hang up side down, drink water and plug your ears, eat sugar, etc...... What's the remedy

Jay

David Lee
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
One question, how do you get rid of hiccups. I drank a triple shot with one shot of coffee. Never had hiccups before. Some say hang up side down, drink water and plug your ears, eat sugar, etc...... What's the remedy

Awwwww ..... :roll:

Forget all them , none work for beans [-X .

Here's a sure-fire method to rid you of those pesky hiccups :idea: -

Find a pasture (Cows/Sheep optional ...) - see that strand of wire just over the fence ?? It'll be the one w/ the ceramic insulators on it . Drink more coffee , and wizz on the wire .

PRESTO ! No more hiccups !! :D :D :D :D :D

David :unibrow:

Jay Murakoshi
10-18-2007, 10:23 AM
David,

I've been there and done that. Well, not exactly like that. I was working one night on a power outage and thought the power was out everywhere.
But I went to climb through a fence and got tingled. Raised up quick and got stuck in the head with the barbed wire.
Crap, there back

Jay

jhaquett
10-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Its going to sound funny but this is the actual physiological way to stop hiccups. A doctor friend of mine told me about this.

Grab ahold of your tongue, squeeze ahold of it gently, and pull on it until the hiccups are gone! Supposedly that relaxes your diaphragm, since hiccups are spasms in your diaphragm it would make sense. Personally, holding my breath and swallowing always work so I don't have to mess with my tongue.

:lol: 8)

David Lee
10-18-2007, 12:43 PM
Grab ahold of your tongue, squeeze ahold of it gently, and pull on it until the hiccups are gone!

Hmmmmmm ...... :-k

I'll have to try that , next time I see someone who has hiccups .

Do you use your fingers , or are pliers a good subtitute ??

David :p

Jay Murakoshi
10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Damn, this is getting ridiculous. I just came from the doctors and as I was waiting there, the hiccups stopped. But still explained that I've had these since this morning. He told his nurse to go and get two packets of sugar and a spoon. If they come back, take the teaspoon of sugar and place it on the back of your tongue and that should cure the hiccups. It paralyses the diaphram but there back and the sugar didn't help.
I guess I'll pull on my tongue. I read that this morning on google

Thanks, I'll let you know the results.

Jay

Scott V
10-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Whiskey, whiskey, and more whiskey. The good stuff, not the cheap stuff.

Darian
10-18-2007, 03:02 PM
Hmmm,.... I've heard that getting hold of dead rat on a night when there's full moon; then locating a stump filled with rain water; then tying a string to the tail of the rat and; then..... Oh.... nevermind.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyway, I've always eliminated hiccups by slowing down my breathing rate and taking in deep breaths.... Supposedly, hiccups occur from a lack of oxygen in your system.... :? :?

By the way, here, pull my finger..... Noooo, that's for something else. 8) 8) 8)

Mike O
10-26-2007, 09:01 AM
100% surefire way to end the hiccups. (for someone else, not self)

Pull a fiver out of your wallet. show it to them. tell them they can have it if they can hiccup one more time (you have to mean it.) they will not be able to hiccup 90% of the time.

most hiccups are psychosomatic.